Chapter Sixty-One

*Tyler's POV*

*Here's the thing, things get a little smutty further in this chapter but it's hard to pinpoint where exactly. Like, their grinding is pretty descriptive but I don't consider it smutty. I'll put the warning right before the under the clothes stuff happens. Sorry if anything makes you uncomfortable in advance*

I clutched to his jacket tighter as he started to pull away from the kiss, knowing it was in our best interests to end it but still not quite ready to give the moment up. He was unrelenting though, just continuing to pull back until I would have had to stand on my tippy-toes and possibly even jump to keep our lips together. Sighing inaudibly, I sunk back away from him, pouting slightly. However, it was quickly replaced with a smile when I felt him leaning in again. I was only a little bit disappointed when he didn't kiss me again, instead just resting our foreheads together and taking a shaky breath.

I let my eyes open slowly, flinching slightly as the strobe light went off shining right into my eyes. I was half-tempted to close them again, immediately changing my mind when they took in the person directly in front of me rather than the lighting situation. He looked deliciously disheveled, hair slightly tousled from it's originally picture-perfect hold and his lips swollen and red from the ferocity of the kiss.

I was beginning to wonder if he'd really be against the thought of kissing again, debating if I could get away with closing the distance between us once more. How did he expect me to keep my hands off of him when he looked like that?

"Just friends??" Troye and I both jumped away from each other at Zoe's sudden shout, my plans to kiss him again shattered. I looked over at her in a mix of fear for her reaction and anger over the interruption. She surprised me when she simply smiled though, looking back and forth between us with an ecstatic light in her eyes. "Don't lie to me again you little shits."

"Sorry." Troye said quietly, a smile threatening to find my features as well when I looked over and saw how shy he looked. It didn't get the chance to bloom though, fading completely when a familiar voice rang out over the sound of the music.

"I knew it!" I rolled my eyes as Caspar's voice grew louder as he walked closer. He walked out of the crowd a moment later, stomping right into the small space between Troye and I. He lifted his hand slowly, an evil smile on his lips like he'd just cheated to win the lottery, and pointed straight at me. "I knew you were a fag."

"Do you want a medal or something?" I said sarcastically, letting my uninterested stare show him just how little I cared about the interaction. I could care less what he called me at this point. It's not like his opinion mattered any.

"The sad thing is I have no idea who the girl of the relationship is, because you're both a couple of pussies." He spat, laughing obnoxiously at his words like they were actually amusing. What he'd said was so stupid and uneducated it should have been impossible to even be offended by it. I should have been able to just laugh it off, and while part of me wanted to, the other half wouldn't hear of it. It wasn't just a pathetic joke anymore. I was tired of him interrupting my life and I was tired of him hurting Troye. Sure, maybe Troye realized how stupid his words were and didn't care about them in particular, but there was no denying the fact Caspar intimidated him. Even just how he refused to kiss me any longer on the dancefloor. It was clear it had nothing to with not wanting to kiss me, it was because of other people. People like Caspar. And I was tired of them, all of them.

"I'm not getting kicked out because you decided to act like an idiot. If you want to finish this, let's take it somewhere else." I spat, squaring my shoulders as I tried to stand taller. Even like this I was still noticeably shorter than Caspar, but I didn't care. I wasn't intimidated by him, just annoyed, and I was done putting up with him. His eyes held a challenging glint, clearly surprised and enthralled by my sudden confidence boost.