Chapter Fourty-Six

*Troye's POV* (cackling bc I said this would be a mini chapter) (also noti's weren't working so check if you missed last chapter)

"Do we have to watch that one first? Why don't we watch the zombie one first and then-" 

"Troye, I'm going to hit you if you try to back out of this one more time." Tyler responded, mimicking my tone from earlier as he fluffed up one of the many pillows we'd carried down from upstairs. Tyler had insisted the only way to watch a movie was with an entire truckload of blankets and pillows, even offering to carry them all down the stairs on his own. Of course I had ended up helping him when he dropped a pillow and nearly slipped to his doom, but either way we had ended up with approximately six blankets and eight pillows. I'm not sure how he plans on arranging them, but he'd better get creative.

"I just don't get the appeal of scary movies. Their plots are usually lacking, made solely to be scary and make people jump and nothing else. What kind of weirdo wants to be scared and have near heart-attacks a hundred times in a row?" I continued to complain, seeing as I clearly wasn't going to get my way and back out of the stupid movie. I walked over to one of the couches as I watched him struggle with the other one. Why the hell was he moving it anyway?

"Nobody. What people want is to watch their friends freak out beside them." He replied finally, standing up and dusting his hands off like it was so much work to drag the sofa a couple feet. I cuddled down further into the couch, suddenly glad we'd hoarded all those blankets as the cool fall temperatures started to set in. I mean, if we really wanted we could set the little fireplace underneath where the television hangs on the wall, but who really has the ambition for that. It'd be so much work to set it up and go gather the wood out of the basement. 

"That's still a weirdo thing to want." I replied finally, watching intently as he shrugged his shoulders and turned to face me with a smile. He looked like such a goof with that showercap on his head, but I wasn't about to let him get dye all over our white couches. Even still I was nervous about letting him on it, mentally reminding myself again to make sure he had a pillow between his head and the couch at all times.

"Well, I guess I'm a weirdo then." He replied then, closing the distance between us and walking over to stand in front of me. I raised my eyebrows curiously as I looked up at him, wondering why he was standing so close. 

"Trust me, I already knew that." I giggled, smiling up at him wickedly. He just rolled his eyes, carelessly reaching forward and shoving me back into the cushions. I let out an awkward squeak as soon as he grabbed my shoulder, expecting a thought at this point after how many I'd already gotten tonight.

I'm this close to tickling him again right now.

My eyes went wide then, immediately sitting up and scooching further down the couch away from him, under the premise I was making room for him to sit. Really I was just trying to get out of his reach in case he gave in to his tickling urge.

"Dick." He muttered, taking a step backward and glancing over at the opposite couch. He sighed quietly then, looking back toward me with a pleading pout. "Get up and help me push these couches together, please."

"Why?" I questioned, genuinely confused what his intentions were here.

"Don't question it, just listen." He demanded, extending a hand for me to take. I decided it was useless to fight it, clasping his hand like he had to me earlier and hoisting myself to my feet.

How does he get his hands so soft?

I blushed despite myself then, quickly withdrawing my hand once I was steady on my feet. Not because I felt self-conscious over the fact I had soft hands, I was proud of that, I didn't spend money on moisturizer for nothing. It had more to do with the fact I could barely contain the butterflies that insisted on thrashing around in my stomach every time we touched. They'd always been there, but something about being completely alone with him like this only heightened them by a thousand times.