Chapter Fourty-Nine

*Tyler's POV*

"You only won because you cheated." Troye panted underneath of me, a teasing smirk on his lips and his eyes alight with mirth. I scoffed, knowing exactly why he'd said it but not daring to call him out on it in fear of ruining the moment. Instead I did what he expected me too, tightening my grip on his butt and relishing in the breathless mewl that tumbled past his lips.

"I did not cheat, twink." I stated stubbornly, sliding my hands out from under him effortlessly. I tried to ignore the way he squirmed slightly to stay under my touch for just a few seconds longer, insisting to myself it was nothing big to get worked up over right now. So what if he was willingly letting me grope his ass when he'd barely let me touch him when we first met, it's not a big deal.

Instead I concentrated on getting to my feet, wiping the flour off on my pants before extending a hand out to him.

 "Come on, let's get up." I said simply, watching his lips turn down into a frown. Still, he wordlessly accepted my help a second later. I pulled him up, watching as he stumbled slightly and automatically gripped onto my bicep to steady himself, almost like it was simply reflex to grab for me. I decided to ignore that as well, trying my best to keep how much all of this meant to me under wraps, at least while he was in the room. "So, about lunch, I'm assuming this was an all-you-can-eat sort of deal-"

"Shut-up." He snapped, turning on his heel and heading over to the counter. I wordlessly followed after him, giving him space to switch the waffles over onto their rightful plates. Though as soon as I saw him pause I took advantage of the oppurtunity, moving to stand directly behind him and peer curiously over his shoulder. While I wanted to be close to him, my main motive had definitely been the food, my mouth watering at the scent.

"Are they cold now?" He jumped, clearly not expecting me to be so close, my lips turning up into a smile as I debated the best way to reach around him for the food.

"Well, yeah, but it's your fault-" I cut him off mid-sentence, playfully slapping his ass before using the other arm to reach around and grab my plate. I tried to make it seem casual, a simple domestic gesture between friends that weren't really just friends anymore, though I couldn't fight the nagging worry he would suddenly spin around and tell me that sort of thing wasn't allowed. 

Yet he didn't, and I let out the breath I didn't even know I'd been holding, an almost giddy feeling enveloping as I realized this meant I could practically touch him however and whenever I wanted. Well, aside from kissing, because apparently that suddenly makes everything romantic no matter what. Butt-grabbing- fine. Happy trail touching- fine. Grinding your hips together on the kitchen floor- fine. But whatever you do, just don't touch lips.

"Is not. It's your fault for being so stubborn and not just admitting I could easily dominate you." I replied, glad he had that distracted look on his face that told me he hadn't noticed the gap between my reply whatsoever. Sometimes his constant drifting off into his own thoughts could probably be considered annoying, but it also came in handy more times than I knew.

"I'm not really hungry right now, I think I'm going to go get cleaned up so I don't feel so weird- I mean gross." I furrowed my brows, finishing the half-eaten bite in my mouth before turning to face him. He was still standing beside the counter, looking distracted as he fidgeted awkwardly with the hem of his shirt. I shrugged my shoulders finally, turning back to my food and deciding I was indifferent on the situation. I mean, I'd rather spend my time with him, but whatever. I'd already made the decision I was going to try and stay another night if Troye let me, we'd have lots of time together.

"Alright, I'll watch TV or something. Be quick though, I might take one too, if you don't mind." I replied, chewing contently as I thought about how nice it'd be to smell like Troye's body wash. It'd be like being cuddled up to him all the time. Well, not quite, but it'd be a decent enough substitute.