Chapter Seventy-Two

*Troye's POV*

First of all, smut warning. Second of all, I'm just going to put it out there now that I went for the believable first time smut rather than just making it really hot so if you read something that seems kind of awkward that's the point, don't point it out or be a nimnob about it. Okay, I'll check back in with you at the end and leave a warning when the smut starts in the chap

"Hi, Jackie." I yawned through my words as I walked into the kitchen, still slightly groggy from sleep. It wasn't my fault, that should be expected of anyone up at this hour. Well, anyone but Jackie apparently, judging by how put-together and cheerful she seems. I'd watched her work at the kitchen counter for nearly a minute before taking the time to speak up, so I had a pretty good idea of just how energetic she was. 

She looked behind her for the first time when I spoke up, a wide smile invading her face as she realized who I was. She probably didn't even realize I was here, considering she'd gotten back way later than Tyler and I went to bed. Though, to be fair, we passed out as soon as we got back into the house, so it wouldn't have been difficult to get back after then.

"You're up early." She observed, nodding toward the coffee machine to ask if I wanted any. I shook my head, settling down at the table across from her as I rubbed at my eyes yet again. I felt like I'd gotten an hour of sleep, not the twelve I actually had. What demon possessed my body and forced me to wake up this early?

"My sleep schedule is in shambles after the trip." I groaned, rubbing circles into my temples as I braced my elbows on the table. She gave a sympathetic sigh, nodding in understanding as she picked up her coffee mug for another sip.

"I'm just about to leave for work, you don't mind, right?" She asked, flashing me another smile. I shook my head, watching as she slung her purse over her shoulder. It was weird how used to her morning routine I was getting. Then again, it was probably also weird that she didn't even flinch seeing me walking through her house like I lived there.

"No, of course not." I laughed, surprised she'd even ask something like that. She nodded again, picking up her mug and finishing it off before discarding it in the sink. She started toward the door then, the constant click of her heels as she walked alerting me she was still moving even after she was out of sight. That is, until the sound suddenly stopped. 

I waited for it to continue, shifting uncomfortably in my seat as I resisted the urge to turn and see what she was doing. I didn't want to intrude or anything. However, after a matter of seconds she was walking again, back around to stand in front of the table where I could see her. She didn't seem the same as earlier, hesitance clear on her features and an almost unsettled air to the way she held herself. She opened her mouth, pausing for a second of silence, before speaking up.

"Take care of him tonight, alright?" My eyebrows shot up at her words, a blush spreading across my cheeks. She could have meant it any way, it's not like she actually knows our intentions. Still, that didn't stop me from getting flustered, refusing to make eye contact as my eyes flitted around the room. God, this is even more embarrassing than when my parents tease me. 

She cleared her throat, my eyes reluctantly looking back to her despite how flushed my cheeks likely were. If she didn't know before she probably has a pretty good idea now. Maybe she doesn't know it's our first time, but that doesn't make it any less embarrassing. She gave me an awkward smile, making it clear the conversation was probably just as uncomfortable for her. "He's always taking care of me, I figure it's about time he lets someone else repay the favor."

"I will." I promised, nodding my head. I wasn't sure if she meant in general or the direction my thoughts were veering, but I definitely didn't plan on asking. It was bad enough having it implied. She placed a hand on my shoulder and gave it a light squeeze, clearly content with my answer.