Chapter Fifty

*Troye's POV*

I was the first one to wake up the next morning, feeling like some sort of zombie as I tried to disentangle myself from Tyler's limbs and the rogue blankets and pillows all over the place. Half of our fort had collapsed during the night and the chair my laptop was sitting on didn't look nearly as stable as it did when we dozed off, but other than that there was no real damage done. Well, aside from the damage to my sleep schedule after staying up until 5am watching movies.

We didn't spend the whole time watching movies though, there was a bit of playfighting and random storytelling thrown in there too. I remember we made some type of bet that had to do with the first one who started to fall asleep having to tell a secret, which had ultimately led to him telling me the bedwetting story and me laughing so hard my parents yelled at us at 2am. We made sure to be quieter after that, though it still wasn't enough for us to just give in and go to sleep. His story had opened up a door for conversation and of course I was going to use it. 

We didn't really talk about anything in particular, just sharing opinions and thoughts until we were physically unable to keep our eyes from falling shut and our breathing from slowing down. Then the next thing you know, I'm waking up now.

Tyler seemed a lot more comfortable than I was, one of his legs thrown over a huge blanket pile and the rest of his body wrapped tightly around it. That should have made it easy for me to get out of the mess, but I was wrapped around him in exactly the same way, all of my limbs entwined with his, his back pressed tightly against my chest. 

I was in the process of trying to figure out a way to get away from him or at the very least wake him up sweetly, when the door suddenly flew open with an ear-splitting crash. Tyler jumped awake, flinching back against me. Instinctively, I did the opposite of what I'd been trying to achieve, tightening my grip around him and letting my face sink into the fluffy head of purple hair. 

What's going on? Oh wait, this is Troye's room! These must be Troye's arms then.

I couldn't fight the reaction smile as he snuggled further back into me.

Tyde barged into the room then, wearing an atrocious outfit of red basketball shorts and a purple muscle top, the yellow headband failing to match any aspect of the rest of his outfit. He was breathless and covered in sweat, my nose scrunching up despite not actually being able to smell him.

"What do you want?" I groaned out, my low gravelly voice surprising even myself. I didn't usually talk right after waking up, normally laying in bed or doing my own thing for an hour or more after.

"I just got back from the store, did Tyler know he was supposed to work today?" He panted out, Tyler's entire body jerking upright and half-dragging me up with him. I simply let myself fall back into the blankets once he got his arms out from around mine though, resisting the urge to giggle when I saw how his hair was rubbing up against the top of the blanket fort and standing on-end.

"Shit! What time is it?" He asked, the question clearly directed at Tyde. Tyde looked almost guilty now, like he hadn't expected at all to send Tyler into full panic mode.

"Noon." He muttered, backing out of the room slowly as Tyler started to wiggle his lower half out from under the covers at a frantic pace. I didn't blame Tyde when he ducked back into the hall, knowing it was probably for the best considering how much Tyler was obviously panicking. 

He finally managed to disentangle himself a second later, immediately snatching up his phone charger and one of his shirt from his side of the pillow fort. With them still in hand, he turned to face me and started to awkwardly shimmy in my direction. All of his stuff was on the other side of me and the only other way to that side of the room was to get out of the fort and jump over the bed, so it made sense for him to crawl over me. However, he was about halfway, one leg and one hand on either side of my body, when an idea hit me and I reached up and clamped onto his shoulders, keeping him still.