Chapter Fifty-Six

*Troye's POV*

This is literally last chapter from Troye's POV, don't complain about how short it is or I'll yodel to death kbyethanks

I was halfway out the door, shoving a handful of dry cereal into my mouth and shrugging on my jacket, when I realized the most peculiar thing. I wasn't just in a rush to get to school because I would get in trouble for being late, I was rushing because I genuinely wanted to be there. I was excited for school. God, what the hell has Tyler done to me?

This last week had been utter torture, constantly puking or just feeling too gross to eat or do much other than lay in bed and text Tyler. I was definitely glad I'd seen the last of it, feeling completely better as I walked into the coffee shop to grab hot chocolates for both Tyler and I. I figured it was only fair considering he agreed to meet me so early to help me go over everything I'd missed. 

Actually I was probably ready to go back to school yesterday, but when I'd been offered the option of staying home instead I wasn't about to reject it. Excited to see Tyler again or not, if the alternative was movies in bed all day we all knew which I'd be choosing.

Besides, I'd seen him just a couple days ago on Saturday, even if it was only for a few seconds. I hadn't expected him to actually come by to check up on me. Why would I have? So of course I looked like the sickest most disgusting creature to walk the Earth when I answered the door, somehow feeling even worse than I looked. I panicked seeing him standing there, immediately slamming the door in his face and shrinking away from it. I realized what a dick move it was a moment later, digging out my phone and calling him on it. I watched him answer his phone through the peephole, finding myself smiling for the first time in days at the grumpy expression he had etched onto his features.

"Hello? Why won't you let me in?" He'd asked, getting straight to the point. 

"I told you you weren't allowed to see me when I was sick. I'm not opening the door again, the snow's going to pile up over your head before I let you in here."

"What if I offer to make you soup and look after you?" He asked, the offer making me stomach growl. I wasn't going to give in though, determined to hold true to my word. I don't want to scare him off with my horrible sick mood-swings and looks yet, I'd wait until we were together before I let him see any of that.

"No, I look horrible."

"Is it even possible for you to look horrible?" He sighed, pouting his bottom out, obviously still oblivious to the fact I could see him. I decided he didn't need to know that though, enjoying seeing his reactions to what I said for a change.

"Trust me, it is." I said simply, watching his answering eye roll. There was silence then, though I could practically see the gears turning in his head as he tried to figure out what move to make next. I decided to make it easier on him, yawning loudly into the phone so he wouldn't try to argue with me. "I'm going back to bed, you can stay out there if you want."

"Alright fine, text me when you wake up." That was the last thing he'd said before hanging up, his head hanging between his shoulders as he walked back to his car. I followed him into the living room so I could watch out the window as he walked across the street, starting to regret my decision just slightly. Tyler's company would have been nice and I doubt he really would have cared what I looked like... No! I already said I wouldn't give in and I'm not going to. 

That's the mindset I kept the rest of the weekend too, resisting the urge to call him afterschool on Monday. My entire family had gone out and even said I could have a friend over considering I didn't seem that sick anymore. At one point I'd even typed the text out inviting him over, ultimately deciding against it and spending the night just as alone as I had been the rest of the week.