Chapter Fifteen

*Tyler's POV*

I leaned back in my seat, closing my eyes. I wasn't actually tired in the slightest, but I wanted a bit of time to myself. I needed to think. Now that I'd spent a day with Troye I had no doubt in my mind that he was the type of person I wanted to get to know, not that I really had before. The little thrills it gave me when he let his guard down and gave me glimpses into his life were unlike anything I'd ever experienced in my life. Getting even the simplest information out of him felt like an accomplishment. I'd gotten carried away with the singing thing though, and I had mentally slapped myself nearly a hundred times over it already. Of course he wasn't comfortable enough to sing in front of me yet, I knew that. But can you really blame me for getting excited when an already cute boy tells me he has a hidden talent that makes him even more attractive? 

In truth, that was hardly a good thing when I actually thought on it. If there was one thing Troye Sivan did not need, it was to be any more attractive than he already was. As it was I was having trouble reminding myself of the whole 'in the closet' thing and that I had to 'take things slow'. Do you know how cute it would have been to kiss him in the rain instead of just laughing when we locked eyes? I sighed quietly, not wanting to alert him I was actually awake. Can you imagine his reaction though? I'd be living in a dream land if I actually believed he'd want to kiss me back already. He'd shove me off and tell the entire school without a second's hesitation. No, I had to wait if I wanted this to work. It'd be worth it though. It'd be so worth it.

"Tyler! Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey!" I felt a pair of soft hands on my arm then, jostling me softly. I still groaned though, making an overly big deal of my rising. I hated being woken up before I was completely rested. I turned slowly, examining Troye. He was staring at me with huge lemur eyes and a smirk on his lips, as if he'd been waiting for me to wake up for a very long time. 

"I hate you." I stated simply, curling back into a ball facing away from him. I smiled happily when he didn't retort immediately, saturating in the last few minutes of 'sleep' I was getting. We actually stayed silent for a long time, to the point I actually got curious what was going on and sat up, abandoning my shut-eye. Troye was looking out his window, seemingly in deep thought as he chewed on his lip. I wonder what it is he spends all his time thinking about, he always seems to be lost inside his head. I glanced at the clock, cringing when I read 9pm. My mother is going to be livid by the time I got home. First I skip school and now I don't even giver her an explanation as to why I'm out so late. Still, I didn't find myself in any rush to leave.

"Hey, Tro-"

"Why are you talking to me? I thought you hated me." He asked, turning to face me with a smirk on his lips. I rolled my eyes, sinking down further in my seat.

"That was sleepy Tyler, he says a lot of stupid things." Troye outright laughed at this, his bubbly giggle filling the small space. I felt my lips twitch too, fighting off the smile that always seemed to accompany his laughter. He mumbled something then, sounding very similar 'you're telling me'. I was curious what he meant by it, but I also got the vibe I wasn't meant to hear it to begin with, so I didn't question him. Eventually he settled down, his big toothy smile fading into a small smirk as he looked over at me.

"It's getting late for a school night." He observed, looking out across the parking lot again. I bit my lip, nodding in agreement.

"Yeah."

"We should probably head home soon." He continued, though the statement sounded more like a question than it should have.

"Yeah, probably." I mumbled non-commitally, looking out my window as well. Everything he was saying was true and we both realized that, but neither of us were making a move to leave. We sat in silence for a while longer, both of us dreading the inevitable.