Chapter Seventy-Three

*Tyler's POV*

I woke up to the sound of noises downstairs, groaning quietly at both how cold the bed was and how early it felt. I tried to roll over to check the alarm clock, not expecting the dull ache in my backside. I decided it wasn't so important to move after all, assuming the same position I'd been in earlier as I clutched the blankets tighter. Though the feeling itself was far from desirable, it did help me realize my situation a bit quicker and break out of the sleep-caused haze my mind was in. 

I remembered where I was now, along with why, a blush finding my cheeks as coherent thought and memories came back to me all at once, officially abandoning sleep altogether as the gears of my mind started to turn again. It suddenly made sense why I hurt the way I did, but it still didn't really make sense why the bed was cold. Where the hell was Troye? Doesn't he know better than to take a person's virginity and run off the morning after?

I huffed quietly as I brought the blankets up over my head completely, burying myself in them in an attempt to conserve heat. My eyes went wide as I realized I was still naked, wondering if Troye had seen anything when he was getting up. It wasn't that I really cared if he did, but there was just something different about him seeing me undressed in full-lighting.

He'll probably be coming back soon actually, maybe I should consider finding some clothes to slip on before he does. Not only will it save me from embarrassment, but it'd probably be less awkward for us to initiate cuddling and probably more comfortable too. I sat up slowly, wincing slightly at the undesirable burning sensation as I flipped over onto my hands and knees. I scrambled across the bed as quickly as I could while remaining at least semi-comfortable, taking my time as I scooted off the edge and got to my feet. I took a step before thinking better of it and grabbing the blanket, wrapping it around my body and dragging it behind me as I walked over to his dresser. I grabbed a pair of his underwear instead of retrieving my own off the floor, pulling them on as smoothly as I could.

I was left with a decision then, chewing my bottom lip as I tried to figure out whether to bother with pants or not. Yes, it'd be awkward walking around pantless if his family was home, but it'd also be extremely uncomfortably. I cringed just thinking about trying to put skinny jeans on right now, deciding they were definite no. Still, just underwear is hardly an acceptable outfit. I debated grabbing a tee, deciding against it when I remembered a particularly comfortable blue sweater Troye owned. That'd double as pants and a shirt, considering it's baggy enough to cover my butt. That's all that matters when it comes to pants, right?

I stumbled over to his closet, remembering watching him fetch sweaters out of it a few times before. He kept them on hangers rather than taking the time to fold each of them and try to shove them into his dresser. They were too bulky for that.

I threw open his closet door, forcing myself into gear as I reminded myself how awkward it'd be if someone walked in right now. Even Troye, because then I'd have to go through the awkwardness of actually asking him if I could borrow his wardrobe.

I immediately spotted the sweater, grabbing it and pulling it out. I hugged it to my chest with one hand while I moved to close the door with the other, my eyes falling on the floor of the small space just before it shut tightly. I pushed it back open then, eyebrows furrowing together in confusion as I looked at the boxes of condoms strewn all over the place. Why does he have so damn many condoms? Was he planning on donating to an entire army to promote safe sex? Did his parents actually get him a condom gift basket for Christmas?

I bent over despite the slight sting at the stretch, picking up his backpack when I noticed more of the boxes inside of it. I straightened back up into a normal standing position, grabbing the only thing I not in a box. My eyebrows lifted skeptically as I pulled out the pair of handcuffs, staring at them incredulously. They're fuzzy and black, this is definitely not the pair that came with our Halloween costumes. I grabbed the tag, the explicit photo printed across it making it very clear what their intended use was. Why does Troye have this stuff?