Chapter Thirty-Two

*Tyler's POV*

I was actually surprised with how into the stupid superhero movie Troye got. I had absolutely no interest in some guy with metal claws coming out of his knuckles, the most appealing thing about the entire movie was how muscular his arms were. So I was cuddled up to Troye's side, being perpetually thirsty and checking out the guy's muscles nearly the entire time. I wouldn't even be abe to distinguish or repeat the names of any of the characters. There was red-haired girl, black-haired girl, blonde-haired girl, and muscly arm guy. The rest were irrelevant. Troye didn't seem to share my point-of-view though, his blue eyes wide every time the lighting changed and I caught a glimpse of them. Oh well, at least he was enjoying it.

It was nearly over now, but seeing as drive-ins usually ran in sets of two movies there was still one after this. I was much more excited for this one, seeing as my mother and I had talked about going to see it together. Naturally, she ended up too busy to go, but Troye was a pretty decent substitute. It was supposed to be a sad movie that was nearly impossible to walk away from without crying, a tragic love story or something. And if Troye got bored during it and complained I was literally going to slap him, because I sat through this entire thing for him.

"I'm still confused whether this took place before or after the X-Men films." He said finally, making me look up and notice the credits were finally rolling. There were a lot more people out of their cars now, scurrying around to get whatever they had to get done finished up during intermission.

"I'm still confused why you care." I replied snappily, earning a shove from Troye. I pouted, not happy that I'd been pushed off his shoulder. It was so comfortable snuggled up to his side.

"Always so sassy, Oakley." He giggled finally, showing me the big smile I'd missed since interacting with that Lily bitch. God, even the name had my jaw clenching. Who did she think she was? It was like she had absolutely no idea how badly she'd hurt Troye, all she could see was how badly she was hurting herself. Or maybe she realized and just didn't care, honestly I wouldn't be surprised. I was still zoned out in thought about her a while later when I felt a hand on my knee. "Are you just going to sit there and stare at me the entire ten minutes of intermission?"

"Can you think of a better plan?" I replied, not missing a beat. Times like this I was very glad for my school life. It hadn't given me much, but it had taught me how to always have a response ready, no matter how messed-up your emotions are. And right now, my emotions are a freaking mess. How could they not be in a dimly-lit small space with someone as flawless as Troye?

"You are such a cheeseball. I'm going to use the washrooms, good luck finding something better to stare at." He replied, shifting toward the door. I pouted again, not looking forward to having to sit here all alone. 

"Luck has nothing to do with it, it's simply impossible to find anything better than you." I called after him, watching as he poked his head back in to glare at me. There was no hiding the smile on his lips though, even if it was obvious he was trying to.

"Shut-up." He snapped, slamming the door shut a second later. I rolled my eyes, sinking down in my seat and playing with the strings on my sweater. That lasted about five seconds before I realized what I was doing. I was willingly let him walk back into the same building as that girl, on his own! I scrambled out of the car, nearly tripping in my rush to reach his side. 

"Hey! Wait up!" I panted after him, thankful when he immediately stilled. I felt a little bit less thankful when he turned around with a glare, obviously suspecting why I was following him. If there was one thing Troye Sivan does not like it's taking help from people when he didn't ask for it. Thankfully, if there's one thing Tyler Oakley is good at, it's lying and excuses. "I wanted to buy another cotton candy bag."