Chapter Fifty-Four

*Troye's POV*

Two week timeskip

"Tyler, come here!" I shouted, pulling a face when my chair started to tip. I still hadn't completely forgiven him for making me decorate the windows of the shop with window paint, my arms already tired from holding them up so high above my head to finish the top of my drawings. 

"Yeah, what do you need?" He announced his present with the question, making me look over my shoulder to greet him. He was standing a few feet away, wiping his hands on his apron and looking over all of my artwork I'd finished so far. Basically half a reindeer and a bunch of poorly drawn snowflakes that looked more like stars. He didn't make fun of them though, a bubbly smile finding his face as he bounded over to stand behind me. I thought he was just trying to get a closer look, thrown completely off-balance when he threw his arms around my hips, the highest place he could reach with me standing on the chair. However, that wouldn't be a problem for long, the worn-down chair shifting on it's legs and on the edge of tipping over.

"Oh my god! I'm gonna fall, Ty!" I screeched, the chair giving out the rest of the way. I squeezed my eyes shut, bracing to fall, surprised when Tyler just tightened his grip instead, holding me up.

"You really think I'd just stand here and let you fall?" He giggled, taking a step backward and letting me slip to the floor. I took a deep calming breath, adrenaline still rushing through my veins at the scare. It didn't last long though, different sensations shooting through me when I felt Tyler's breath hitting the back of my neck in this position, my entire body shivering.

"Tyler, you're breathing on my neck." I stated, wiping my voice of emotions so he'd understand just how unimpressed I was. He just giggled though, his hands slipping from where they laid wrapped around my stomach, traveling further up my body.

"Tyler. Tyler!" My warning went in vain though, his hands ending up on my chest in a matter of a few seconds and pinching both of my nipples simultaneously. I gasped, trying to step away from him but failing when he caught me with an arm wrapped around my stomach, pulling me back flush against him.

"I know I am." He purred, purposely blowing air all over my neck this time. I squirmed against him, not really having the self-discipline to actually tell him to let me go. It seemed I wouldn't have to though, the bell sounding as a customer walked inside. We lurched away from each other, blushing like mad as we looked over at the mother and her child shooting us weird glances.

"Hey guys! Anything I can help you with?" Tyler greeted, waving widely at the two of them. The mother shook her head, flashing us a smile after she'd finished.

"No, we're just stopping to grab some snacks for my daughter's lunch, we'll find it on our own." She walked off then, her daughter's hand tightly encased in her own as they headed to the food aisles of the store.

"So, what did you originally want when you called me over here?" Tyler asked, turning around to face me. His flirty mood seemed to have dissipated but that's okay, I wasn't really one for PDA anyway. Okay, I'm not so sure about that after the whole truth or dare thing a couple weeks ago, but I'm still claiming it until proved otherwise.

"I was wondering why we don't have red paint. It's kind of necessary for the reindeer's nose and Santa's outfit." I explained, looking over at the noseless reindeer and cringing. Why did he make me draw? Santa is going to be horrendous, even with the guides I brought up on my phone screen.

"Let's make a purple Santa to be original!" Tyler beamed, clapping his hands together excitedly. I didn't see the glory in his plan though, just furrowing my eyebrows and staring at him like he'd uttered total bullshit. He gave a guilty small smile, as if desperately trying to convince me to just go with it. I sighed, raising a hand to rub the creases in my forehead out.