Chapter 43

Please please please go to the chapter through the given link sweet readers. Please Please Please.

https://inkitt.app.link/RA_medievaltomboy

I'm also posting the same link on my profile board so you can even click from there.

But please my lovely readers whoever are reading this book from inkitt please click on this link and go and read. It's free.

Leonardo Point of View

"Her head injury will be fine in three to four days so make a note to give her the medication as prescribed. But the disturbing thing is, she might not be completely conscious. She is in shock and disbelief so even if she's awake she might not be present mentally. I suggest you to get her a counsellor once her head is cured." Doctor said with concerned sigh and cleared his glasses looking worriedly towards Lilliput.

Not present mentally?

No, Please! What have I done?

"You mean – "Phoebe started but not completing the sentence with terrified sob.

"Yes, Mrs. Russo. She seems to be dead from inside. She's emotionally so drained that she might not be able focus any attention towards anyone. This is just a major possibility and I hope I am wrong." The doctor explained clearly and turned towards me and gave a quick nod walking away.

Phoebe sobbed and sat on bed beside Lilliput's sleeping form. Lilliput was sleeping peacefully due to the injection that the doctor has given. Her head was wrapped with cotton and white bandage. The expressive eyes I love so much were now surrounded by dark circles. Her lips were chapped and her face has traces of tears.

Look what you have done to an innocent girl. You have no right to even look at her. My subconscious spat.

I don't know what to feel right now. A lot of emotions are flowing through me right now but all I can feel deeply is blankness. It's like all the feeling, thoughts, emotions left me alone.

I am sad, but sad is not even one percent of what I'm feeling right now. I'm broken from inside but I cannot feel any pain right now. I'm numb.

I cannot understand what I am feeling or if I am feeling anything or not.

"I think we need to let her rest and have a talk somewhere else." Niccolo said in a blank tone. "Phoebe, we will be in the living room. Make sure to clean and change Sienna into fresh clothes and come downstairs." He ordered Phoebe to which she nodded and wiped her tears.

I, Niccolo and Val went downstairs into the living room and sat down on the sofa with a resigned sigh. There was heavy silence for few minutes and no one talked at all but suddenly I remembered...

"Val, You know about this from quite some time, don't you?" Val paled at my query and nodded in short.

She knew about it from long back and still she never informed about it. She would've told me about it, she would've slapped the fact on my face and I would've done something to make up for my mistake. Then why didn't she tell?

"How?" Niccolo narrowed his eyes towards Val to which she dropped her head down and sobbed.

"Two months ago, when Leo announced his engagement to Sienna, I thought the girl is after Leo's wealth and doesn't want such girl around his. So I called Paolo and asked him to gather ever little ti big information about Sienna. A week later, Paolo sent me the files of her background and her activities." She wiped her tears and took a sip of water from the table beside her.

"Why?" I whispered and glared at her for hiding such a big thing from me. How am I going to fix this? It was completely my mistake and for the first time in my life I don't know what to do.