Chapter 45

Sienna Point of View

I looked at the familiar imposing figure standing before me looking thinner than yesterday with same dull eyes and five 'o clock shave. There was blackish purple shadow below his eyes reminding about the sleepless nights he must've gone through.

I should've felt sorry, should've pitied him but like every day, I felt nothing. I didn't care at all how he is.

I walked past him like always and came out of the little building and crossed the road to go inside my now home. I'm still living in the mansion with Niccolo's grandma who is now my grandma.

It took me seven months to get out of my depression and it was possible all thanks to grandma. Once I'm back to a little life, grandma came to know about my goal to save unwilling prostitutes and get them a dignified living. She immediately suggested me that I should start a small academy where I can give the women the knowledge about few subjects which may help them in living their lives on their own.

I wanted to move out from the mansion and do the job but grandma was adamant enough not to let me go at all saying that I would be relaxed and peaceful since it's countryside here. I didn't argue with her as I also wanted to live with her. She was a sweetheart and a very precious person in my life.

She helped me lease an empty building opposite to our mansion and setup a small academy over there for ladies who are like me and Phoebe.

I thought there is no meaning in my life and everything in me was just dead, but Niccolo and grandma were the people who made me what I am today. They did not rush into curing my broken self, they were slow and patient.

I'm very glad that I met grandma.

"How was your day, nipotina" Grandma asked, handing me a cup of coffee along with a plate of some fried snacks.

I grinned at her and nodded positively before taking a big gulp of hot coffee. She narrowed her eyes at me, "You are not really smiling, bambino. What happened?" She queried knowing me too well. I just shook my head and sighed loudly not wanting to worry her issues relating to him.

"He was following you again. Wasn't he?" She narrowed her eyes with irritation and anger. "Wait here for a minute, I'll just be back giving him a piece of my mind." Grandma stood up furiously.

"No, No grandma. Leave it. I don't want you to go and talk and give him a wrong impression that I care about anything that is related to him because I don't. I don't want you to dwell with such people for me." I scrunched my nose in disgust and pulled grandma to her chair.

"Here, enjoy your coffee with me." I poured a cup for her.

I smiled at how she gave me a wrinkly pout and ordered one of the maids to bring another plate of snacks.

I'm so lucky to have met her but I have this one doubt that isn't answered yet.

Why? Why did she took me in even after knowing about my profession?

Why she treated me like her own granddaughter?

"Grandma, can I ask you something?" She nodded and encouraged to continue.

"Umm, Why did you take me in? You know I was a prostitute and still you took care of me. Aren't you ashamed of me?" I asked meekly just above a whisper. I didn't want to ask this question because I know she doesn't like calling myself an escort but I'm just curious why this old wrinkly kind woman is like the way she is.

Grandma smiled softly at me, "You know bambino, few decades ago, the rank of a woman is nothing but a humble housewife and a legal bed-warmer. I was raised that way too, learning how to cook, sew, clean and how to satisfy my husband. Then I got married to Niccolo's grandpa. He was very rich and known as a lion in business world those days but he was very modern and soft from heart." She said chuckling.