Chapter 16- Lying & Dreams

*possible trigger warning towards the end*

Let you down- NF

"What did you mean by if they ever come back?" Emilio starts

Sh*t

I didn't realize they heard what I said.

Do I tell them the truth?

Or should I lie?

I mean I don't really trust them. Even Emilio said he doesn't trust me and I don't know about Ivan.

Let's play dumb.

"What do you mean?" Playing dumb is the only solution.

"Don't play dumb with us. You know what we're talking about." Emilio glares

Well that didn't work.

"My parents are always out on business trips and I hardly ever see them. They would sometimes not even come home and go straight to a different business trip." I lie right through my teeth.

"Are you sure?" Ivan questioned.

"Positive!" I force a smile.

Both Emilio and Ivan stare at me skeptically trying to see if i'm lying. They both look at each other and nod. They turn their head towards me.

"Fine. We believe you." Emilio says.

I sigh in relief. I look at both of them. It looks like they still don't believe me but there letting me off the hook so i'm good with that.

I didn't really want to explain what really happened. I didn't want to open up to them. The more they know the more they can possible control me and use it against me.

I just don't like talking about that part of my life to anyone. I don't want to break down crying and being shown as weak. I hate it. I hate people showing sympathy for me.

"Alright so I'm going to take you home." Emilio says.

I simply nod and grab my stuff. I head into the bathroom and change my clothes to why I wore yesterday. I can't wait to get home and change.

As I was changing I remembered I needed to ask Emilio about last night. Since he got to ask me questions I should be able to eat na explanation.

I head back into the room and see Ivan and Emilio whispering to each other. I put my head a little closer to the entrance and try to hear what they're saying.

Yes i'm eavesdropping. You would too if you were in my position.

"Are you going to explain to her what happened last night?" Ivan asks Emilio.

"No. Why should I tell her anything when she just lied straight to our faces." Emilio angrily says to Ivan.

Well.

He's good a detecting liars.

"Maybe it's because she doesn't trust us yet. I mean after what she saw last night I wouldn't trust you either!" Ivan whisper shouts

"Look I told her not to go but she still went anyways. I thought that whole set up would work but Tyler told her about it!" Emilio whisper shouts back.

I can't believe I almost forgot about that. Emilio actually set me up like that.

What a d*ck.

I've heard enough. I'm just going to walk in.

"Hey guys." I say walking in.

Their heads whip around and face me.

"Oh hey Dallas!" Ivan says nervously.