Chapter 17- Cooking

Cooking by the book (remix)- Lazy town

A long week.

One long week.

I've managed to ignore Emilio and everyone who was involved with him.

Ivan and Ryder tried talking to me about Emilio saying he didn't mean anything or saying that he's just trying to help.

If Emilio really didn't mean it he would've came to my and said it straight to my face. Not get his friend or brother say it for him.

It was Friday and I was heading to my cooking class. One of the classes I dreaded the most.

In this class Emilio barely spared a glance at me ever since Saturday. Another reason why I'm still mad at him.

He doesn't even want to try and apologize to me. It just makes me want to scream at him but I keep it contained not wanting to deal with him.

Today was the day we had to work together and cook this meal. I was thinking about skipping this class but it would be wrong for me to do that.

"Alright class. Today we are going to be taking a break besides Dallas and Emilio." The teachers says.

Everyone does a light 'yes' under their breathes but I groan in annoyance. I did not want to do this. We both get up and go to the kitchen and start getting stuff out.

"Change of plans. I want you to make a dessert. I want it to be decorated and the theme is 'Love'. You have 1 hour. Good luck." the teacher shouts

Is she serious.

HOW CLICHE CAN THIS BE OH MY GOD!

I glare at her and she just smiles back.

We both turn towards each other and roll our eyes. I can't even look at him let alone do a project with him.

"We're making brownies into a heart and decorating it. Is that fine with you?" Emilio says out of no where.

I look at him and just mumble a yes. He goes and gets the ingredients while I go and get out the pans. He comes back over with a bunch of stuff in his hand.

We start reading the instructions and put everything together. We worked incomplete silence. Both of us would know what to do if they saw the other person already doing one of the steps.

This was actually going pretty good. I was still mad at him and if he makes us fail this project i'm going to scream.

About 10 minutes later we put the brownies in the oven. The heart looks kinda weird but it's the best that it's going to get.

I grab a timer and set it for 8 minutes. Once it's set I sat on the counter and played around on my phone. Emilio stood somewhat in front of me and also played on his phone.

8 Minutes go by and I check on the brownies. I grab a fork and poke it in the brownies and see that it's done. Emilio grabs an oven mitt and pulls out the brownies. He places them on the stove and we wait for it to cool off.

This time I go grab the ingredients for frosting the brownies. This is weird. Who frosts brownies?

I come back and see that Emilio took the brownies out of the pan and put them on a high plate form.

"Make red, black, pink, and white frosting." Emilio demands.

I rolled my eyes and starting mixing the frosting and dye. Once I was finished I brought it over to Emilio and we started decorating.

We frosted the whole heart in red. Afterwards we outlined it in black all around to make it look neater. We used the pink to write the word 'love' in the center and used the white to put swirls around it.