Chapter 35- Elevator Problems

My Life Sucks- Scotty Sire

Dallas POV

I rode off on my bike. I decided it was best to stay at a hotel in another town. I decided to go up to North Jersey to find a hotel. It was far from where I lived but it was only an hour drive. I pull up into the Holiday Inn, the hotel I was staying at, and parked my bike in the back. I didn't want someone driving by and see my bike knowing who's bike it was.

I turn off the engine and grab my belongings. I head to the front of the hotel and go to the front desk. The hotel was packed and there was a bunch of people all over. There was a line in order to get a room. I sigh and stood there patiently waiting for my turn.

The hotel was nice. It had green and beige walls with large windows in the front. When you first walk in there is a bar and a restaurant to the left. I will probably be there later. There was a little hallway that led to a gym and a pool. This hotel was pretty cool.

About 10 minutes of waiting in line, it was finally my turn to go and get a room. I walked up to the desk and the man looked at my weird. I furred my eyebrows a little and wiped my face. I looked at my hands and realized I still had blood all over me. I guess I was too focused on getting away that I didn't even think about the blood all over me. Now that I think about it people were probably giving me weird looks this whole time.

"Hello miss, how may I help you today." The man says trying to avoid looking at me.

"Uh yes, I would like a room." I say in a nice tone.

"How long will you be staying?" He asks typing on his computer.

"One week." I state.

"That will be $350." he says finally looking at me.

I nodded my head and grabbed my wallet from my bag. I took out the money and gave it to the man. Thankfully I grabbed my wallet when I left Ivan, Ryder, and Emilio at my house a while ago. He handed me a key card and I mumbled and 'thank you'. I headed towards the elevator doors and waited patiently. The button was already pressed so I didn't need to re-press it.

On my left there was a women that looked like she was in her mid 30s. It was only the two of us. The elevator door opened and we both headed in. She stood near the buttons while I went by the window.

"What floor?" the women asks.

"Um." I say and look down at my key card.

"Floor eight." I say looking back up at her.

She nods her head and presses the floor number. The elevator begins to go up and I would be lying if I said it wasn't awkward. The lady just kept looking at me constantly and it was getting uncomfortable. I tried my best to just ignore her. I was going to be out of this elevator soon so why should I cause a scene.

We go up a few floors and all of a sudden the elevator starts to shake and the lights flicker. I grab onto the railing tightly so I don't loose my balance. The elevator stops shaking and it comes to a stop. I look up at the monitor to see what floor we are on and it says error. This isn't good. Oh god, don't you dare tell me that I'm stuck in an elevator. I let out a frustrated sigh and curse under my breath.

"Sorry for the inconvenience, the fire department is on their way to fix the elevator. Please stay calm until they arrive." I hear the intercom say.

I sigh and sit down with my back pressed against the window. I put my head in my hands. This night just went to complete shit. If I could start this day over I definitely would. I could have done something differently that didn't lead me into this mess.