Chapter 3: Determination

Y/N POV

After the teams were formed my team and i walked to our new dorm, on the way there they were talking with each other while i just kept quite. We reached our room and entered, it was a simple room, 4 beds, 4 dressers, a small kitchen area and a bathroom. I started to put my stuff in one of the dressers as a hand was placed on my shoulder, i looked and saw it belonging to Ren, behind him were Nora and Phyrra , all of them looked at me concerned. 

"Yes?" i asked in a monotone voice.

Ren: "I just wanted to thank you for saving me from that Death Stalker." he said in a genuin way.

"Thank my brother, not me, i just got in the way of his glorious save." i said in a joking manor. "You heard him, he took care of it for me because im too... weak." my tone changed to sad.

N: "Doesnt matter! Your plan was awesome!" she jumped around the room excited.

P: "She has a point, without your plan we couldnt have killed the first Death Stalker." they tried cheering me up and to be honest it kinda worked. "But i have a question." I look at her raising an eyebrow to signal her to ask her question. "You said something about being a shadow, what do you mean?"

R: "I would like to know too." he said in a calm way, 

N: *GASP* "IS YOU SEMBLANCE CONTROLLING SHADOWS?" she asked with stars in her eyes, which made me chuckle a bit.

"Unfortunately not, to explain my statement from the initiation i need to first explain my semblance and i have to ask someone to send me a video." i said as i pulled out my scroll to message my aunt to sent me the recording of my initiation. She asked me why and i told her that i want to explain my motto to her. A few minutes later she had sent the video and i prepared the TV to show the replay. "Ok if you want you can sit down." they all sat down on the nearest bed. "My semblance is called Phantom, thanks to it i have an extremely low presence, so low in fact that as long as im not in a duel with someone or i get their attention i basically dont exist for them. It is always active and i cant control it."

N: "So you are a ninja?" she asked energetically.

"If you want you can say that, i prefer to call myself a shadow." i said with a small smile.

R: "Why do you prefer that?" he asked intrigued.

"At first people called me shadow to make fun of me, because they said that i will always be in my brothers shadow *they frowned* but then i read something very interesting in a book. I cant remember what the book was called or what it was about, i think it was about art, on one page i saw a statement that made me think. ' Shadow and light, two allies with perfect synergy, a strong light casts a dark shadow, a dark shadow makes a light shine brighter.' so i started thinking, if i were to use my semblance to support someone, can this someone be the light while im the shadow? I started training my observation skills, learned how to read people and lastly picked up street magic." Phyrra rose her hand to ask a question. "Yes Phyrra?"

P: "Why street magic?" she asked

"A street magician uses misdirection to make it seem like something suddenly disappeared and that was what i learned to do. Here let me demonstrate. *i pick up a pillow* keep your eyes on me. "I threw the pillow away making Phyrra look at it, i quickly stepped towards her, she looked back at me and got scared because i was suddenly right infront of her. "Even tho you were to focus on me i was able to turn you attention away from me, combine that with my semblance and BOOM they forgot im there. Now look at this video and tell me what you see." i played the video of me and phyrra fighting against a few beowolves.

N: "I see Phyrra fighting beowolves."

"On the first glance, you are right but *i rewind the video* focus on her back " i played the video again and stopped at a specific point, the video showed me blocking an attack that would have hit Phyrra in the back. "You might not have realized but i was fighting along side her the whole time, blocking attacks from the grimm and, more importantly, redirected some of her attacks to cause more grimm to be hit. Now , Ren, do you remember as we fought the Death Stalker, how i suddenly appeared infront of you blocking an attack?"