Chapter 5: First steps

Y/n POV:

I was sitting in Doctor Ooblecks class ,trying to focus on what he is saying but the pain my body is in is making it extremely difficult to do so. His constant zooming around the room isnt really helping either.

Oobleck: "Yes! Yes, prior to the --more popularly known as the War--" he zooms behind his desk "--humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie .Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!" He zooms infront of the class and takes a sip from his coffee. "Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?"

I looked around and saw a few students raise their hands, one of these students was the bunny girl i 'saved' at lunch.

Oobleck: "Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence! I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to ! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?" Weiss is raising her hand."Yes?"

Weiss: "The battle at Fort Castle !"

Oobleck: "Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?"

I slowly raise my hand, causing an immense pain to go through the whole harm. Cardin, who was sitting behind me started to laugh at my suffering, which in turn caused Oobleck to see my raised hand.

Oobleck: "Ah Mr. Jade glad you have an answer."

"The faunus troops , thanks to their faunus heritage , had near perfect sight in the dark." i answered.

Cardin: "Nerd." he said making a few of the students laugh while my friends and Oobleck just looked annoyed.

Oobleck: "Mr. Winchester how about you tell us why the faunus' night vision was an advantage?"

Cardin: "These animals probably just played unfair and got lucky." he said with a cocky grin.

"You know Cardin this kind of thinking only proves that idiots like General Lagoon still exist and they still miraculously manage to gain positions far to high for their low brain capacities, i mean who in their right mind would attack a heavily fortified faunus position at night?" my little burn caused the whole room to burst into laughter. Cardin on the other hand didnt like it to be called an idiot infront of class, so he got up and grabbed me by my collar pulling me out of my seat. "Want to proof my point? Go ahead show the whole class that a single insult is enough to anger you to the point of violence." I said trying to act brave, but on the inside i was pissing myself out of fear. Luckily Oobleck stepped in.

Oobleck: "Mr. Winchester let go of Mr. Jade, Mr. Jade, while i appreciate your contribution to class i cant allow you to talk about a fellow student like this, both of you see me after class for additional readings." Cardin let go of me and shoot me a glare. I sat back down and the class continued.

Timeskip till after class and talk with Oobleck

I walked out of Ooblecks class, the doctor gave cardin and me the task to write an essay about the battle of Fort Castle. I sighed as i stepped through the door, the moment i left Cardin intentionally bumped into me making me fall. Rubbing my rear i saw Phyrra reaching out to me to help me up, which i gladly accepted.

Phyrra: "You know i really gonna break is legs." she said while glaring at Cardin.

"If you do you will only get into trouble." I said as we started walking back to the dorm. On the way there Phyrra looked deep in thought until she suddenly perked up.