Chapter 40: The flying city

Y/n and his group were currently being led to the generals office. They were picked up from the landing zone by a group of atlasian knights.

Y/n: "Anyone else wondering why these hallways look way too big?"

Ruby: "Now that you mention it, it does seem a bit over the top."

Weiss: "Quiet you dunces, I want you to be at your best behavior."

Yang: "Chill Ice Queen, Y/n is basically Ironwoods buddy, a bit of banter will be fine."

They soon reached the office and after knocking they entered. Y/n was the first to speak.

Y/n: "Glad to see you have shaved." He said with a smile and Ironwood too smiled as he rubbed his clean shaven chin.

James: "Yeah, I really needed the nap and shower. I am glad you are fine. Please have a seat." He offered as he motioned towards a big table, one that is probably used for briefings. The group sat down and the atlasian knights left. "So mind telling me why you brought one of Remnants most dangerous criminals?" the general asked slightly angry as he glared at Raven.

Y/n: "Because she is the Spring Maiden and was a great help since."

James: "Do you have any idea what she and her tribe did?" His hands were balled into fists.

Y/n: "She murdered, she stole, she caused Grimm to attack villages just to make the job easy." Y/n counted off. "But we should not start with such things, now should we? She is not the only one here that has commited crimes."

Raven: "Yeah General, we both have blood on our hands."

Qrow: "Not helping sis."

Y/n: "Back to the main topic. We need to get the relic ASAP and we might have an idea on how to deal with Salem." The general looked interested. "Shoot her into space. Have Ruby use her Silver Eyes to immobilize her and use the time to get her on a rocket and launch her. Problem is just that we have no idea on a fuel source for the rocket."

James: "I can have my scientists work on that and have them prepare the rocket. But there is a problem with the Winter Maiden, she is a 93 year old woman and too weak to stand. We can't open the vault without her."

Yang: "Can't you just transfer her power?"

Phyrra: "The procedure will kill her and maybe even the person it get transfered to." The atmosphere grew grim.

Y/n: "How long does she have?"

James: "A month, at most. We have a candidate in mind and have them already converse on a regular basis." Y/n nodded.

Nora: "Great, now what?"

James: "I have been working on a little project since the Fall, how about I show you?" The room went dark and the middle of the table opened to reveal a projector that started to show pictures of Amity Arena. "You might know the Amity Arena, we were lucky and it only suffered minor damages at the Fall. After retrieving it we began to upgrade the defensive systems."

Oscar: "What for?"

Y/n: "Think about it, the Amity Arena is the biggest airship ever build, it can hold around 80.000 spactators, has enough storeroom for 20 tons of dust. This thing is a flying castle and with upgraded defenses it could be the perfect HQ for the army against Salem and her Grimm." The group looked at Y/n with wide eyes and they were even more shocked when Ironwood smiled and nodded.

James: "Sharp as ever Y/n. Once it is finished we can safely AND comfortably transport thousands of huntsmen."

Blake: "Wouldn't that cause a huge panic? I mean the arena suddenly entering another kingdoms airspace and all?"