Chapter 46

"Hey guys, I need your help setting something up." Were the words that Y/n said to his friends after he cleared is mind. Together, with the help of all teachers, except Glynda, and even some students the preparations were finished before Glynda and Ironwood would return from their day together. Y/n made sure to text James to stay longer in town and even to convince his aunt into wearing something fancy.

Weiss: "Why are we doing this again?" Weiss asked as she looked over the notesheet again.

Yang: "Because it will be awesome and Y/n wants to surprise his aunt." Yang said happily playing the drums.

Nora: "It's so mean that Yang is allowed to play the drums." Nora pouted.

Ren: "You destroyed the first drumset." He pointed out.

Ruby: "Comeon guys don't you think it is cute that Y/n wants to play his aunt's favorite song and than share a last dance?"

Phyrra: "Saying it like that actually makes it sound cute." The red haired girl agreed. Soon Y/n joined them wearing the same suit he wore back at the Vytal festival dance, but with the difference that it was changed to fit his grown body. In one of his hands he held Sound of Silence in acoustic guitar mode.

Y/n: "Thank you all for helping me set this up. I had Tenshia make you clothes if you want." In the blink of an eye everyone had run off to get changed. "That was faster than I thought." His scroll pinged showing that he had recieved a message. Looking at his scroll showed that it was James that texted him telling him that he will soon arrive with Glynda. Luckily it took them longer to arrive then it took his friends to get changed, all now wearing dresses or suits. He, Weiss, Yang and Ren got on stage and prepared their respective intruments until the door to the ballroom swung open revealing Glynda and James. Glynda had a look of shock as she saw the decoration and the banner hanging over the stage. 'Thank you for everything.' it said. Y/n got in front of the microphone cleared his throat, catching everyones attention. "Thank you everyone for coming. Today I want to give my aunt Glynda Goodwitch the best ending of her best day. In advance I want to thank everyone for helping me set this up. But lets not keep her waiting shall we?" Suddenly out of all corners and shadows came almost every student all holding confetti canons, they aimed and fired at Glynda who laughed as she was covered in colorful pieces of paper.

Y/n: "Ok lets get this party started!" The crowed cheered and Y/n nodded towards his stage companions.

It started with a slow piano but then the music completely changed. Y/n and his friends were happily playing while he sang, meanwhile the crowed was happily dancing. Looking at the crowd Y/n spotted his aunt and James dancing and laughing, it warmed his heart knowing that the two were able to get the romance they always wished for even if it only was for a single day.

The evening continued without a hitch, Y/n, Yang, Ren and Weiss happily played more songs while everyone else was having a great time. But Y/n couldn't help but shake off the feeling of something bad happing soon. He knew that he should never underestimate this feeling, it did warn him from threats a couple of times already and so he decided to not leave it up to chance.

Y/n: "Hey guys, lets take a break and let some songs play other the sound system." Y/n suggested and the other nodded. "I will go get some fresh air." With that Y/n left to the balcony. 'Jinn, where are Salems lackies now?' Y/n asked in his mind.

Jinn: 'Hazel is in Mistral, Watts in Atlas, Mercury and Emerald in the land of Darkness and Tyrian...' His instincts told him to dodge and Y/n sidestepped seeing a metalic scorpion like stinger fly past his head.