Chapter 42: First big changes

Alot has changed since Y/n became king. Firstly the Schnee Dust Company has been given to Weiss after Y/n revealed Jaques less than legal work policies, next Atlas , and all the other remaining kingdoms opened their borders again allowing for easier destribution of the remaining huntsmen and soldiers. Of course some other things also changed. Such as the implementation of stricter laws against discrimination, be it against faunus or humans. But today marked the day of the first of many big changes after Y/ns acension to the throne.

He and his royal entourage, consisting of his lovers Ruby, Yang, Blake and Phyrra, his most trusted advisors Ren, Nora and Weiss, his bodyguards Raven and Qrow, the general of the Atlasian branch of the military Ironwood, his advisor on Grimm Maria and... Oscar, were heading towards Menagerie, where Y/n will hold a big announcement. The flight was rather calm, if you were to ignore the sickness Y/n felt, which caused many unwanted reunions with his breakfast. Soon they arrived and the doors to the Bullhead opened as a small unit of soldiers formed a coridor allowing Y/n to get through the mass of faunus. While walking towards the market square Y/n smiled and waved towards the people of Menagerie as they shouted to get his attention. Y/n heard a woman shouting a name, most likely that of her child and not a minute Y/n spotted the boy crying on the street. With a gentle smile Y/n kneeled down.

Y/n: "Have you lost your mother little one?" The child nodded while bawling his eyes out. "Here let me help you." Holding his hand out Y/n waited for the boy to grab it and as the boy did Y/n gently picked him up and placed him on his shoulders. "You might be able to see her from up there." Y/n said with a smile and the boy smiled back brightly.

Boy: "Mister I can see my mommy!" The boy shouted while pointing towards his mother.

Y/n: "Than lets get you to her shall we?" Careful not to drop the boy Y/n manuvered his way towards the mother of the boy. "Ma'am I believe this boy belongs to you?" Y/n asked and the mother looked at him stunned before kneeling down.

Mother: "M-my lord! Thank you for finding my boy."

Y/n: "Please do not kneel. You and me are both people of Remnant none of us should be kneeling infront the other." Y/n said gently as he placed the boy on the ground next to his stunned mother. "Take care little one." With that Y/n went back to his friends where he was greeted by a smiling Blake.

Blake: "Kind hearted as always my king."

Y/n: "You know me." Y/n said smiling. Soon they reached the plaza where a small stage had been prepared for Y/n. On the stage stood a podium with a few microphones and a waiting Ghira and Kali Belladona. The two both bowing before Y/n as they saw him. "Raise your heads. This is your home I should be the one bowing." Ghira smiled as the two shook hands.

Ghira: "If it is not too much to ask, why did you request to do this announcement and what will you say?"

Y/n: "It is a surprise for you and the people of Menagerie." Y/n said as he got ready. Ghira nodded and stepped up to the podium.

Ghira: "People of Menagerie, fellow faunus, please welcome King Y/n Jade." The spectators cheered, a few chanting Y/ns name. "He has come to our island to make an announcement. Please give him your undivided attention." Ghira motioned for Y/n to step up as a camera man began filming.

Y/n: "First let me thank you for your hospility, Menagerie has always been a place I wished to visit one day. Your culture is very interesting and I wish to learn more about your vast history. But I think I leave that for later you all are probably here to know what this greenhorn of a king has to say am I right?" A few people laughed and some shouted their agreement as Y/n chuckled. With a wave of his hand the crowd went silent and Raven walked up holding a small stack of paper. "In my hand I hold a few very important documents so Ghira if you would come here please." The man got up from his chair and went to stand next to Y/n. Holding out the first paper Y/n began to speak. "This is the contract to build a CCT Tower on Menagerie, all expenses have already been covered by the royal crown, aka me, with your signature the construction can begin immediately." The crowd was shocked, a CCT Tower was something only the main cities of the four kingdoms got back then they were first constructed. Ghira quickly went over the contract and after finding no flaws or hooks he signed it handing it back to Raven. Holding up the next paper Y/n once agains spoke. "This is a royal pardon for all ex-members of the White Fang. With my signature all crimes commited will be cleansed off of their records , BUT this has a catch attached to it. The ex-members of the White Fang are required to spent a month doing public services, those include, cleaning parks and such from trash, helping the homeless, both human and faunus, working as fighting tutors or joining the military. The last of which will only last for 2 weeks but everyone that joins the military will be allowed to stay and become a member of the army. As the representative of the faunus of Menagerie it now is your choice if you want this for the ex White Fang members." Ghira looked at the crowd before looking back at Y/n.