Chapter 9: The Phantom strikes again

Y/n and his friends were currently sitting in Goodwitchs class. All of them were watching the match between Phyrra and team CRDL, the fight was pretty one sided for Phyrra, who easily dispatched of her enemies while dodging or blocking all the incoming attacks. Before the fight could end Y/n leaned over to Ren who was sitting right next to him.

Y/n: "They would put up a better fight if they would fight her as a team. Now they are only fighting as 4 idiots not as one team of idiots." The normally calm boy showed a smile and even had to muffle a small laugh.

Ren: "Certainly, also Cardin just knocked out his own team mate." Y/n looked at the arena to see Cardin getting finished by Phyrra, ending the match.

Y/n: "You think Miss Goodwitch will allow me to fight?"

Ren: "Are you sure, i mean your injury healed up pretty good but are you sure that you are in fighting condition?" a tint of concern was in his voice.

Y/n: "Only one way to find out. Dont worry i will forfeit the moment i realize i am not fully able to fight."

Goodwitch: "We have enough time for another match. Any volunteers?" A boy with grey hair raised his hand.

Boy: "I will go."

Goodwitch: "Mercury was it? Ok your opponent-" Mercury rudely interrupter her.

Mercury: "I would like to fight her. " he said while pointing at Phyrra.

'He is planning something.' Y/n thought.

Y/n: "Miss Goodwitch, if it is ok i would like to fight against Mercury." Miss Goodwitch and a few students looked a bit shocked. It is rare that Y/n wants to fight even more so fight a 1 vs 1.

Goodwitch: "Is that ok with you Mercury?" the boy made a short tsk before nodding in agreement.

Y/n: "Hey guys remember my new move?" team rwby looked confused while Nora and Ren knew what Y/n meant.

Nora: "OH are you going to use Phantom mode?" she asked excited.

Ruby: "Phantom Mode?" she looked at the group confused. Y/n gave her a pat on the head combined with a confident smile.

Y/n: "You will love what you will see little rose." Y/n walked off leaving a blushing Ruby and jealous Yang and Blake.

Yang: "Ruby i thought we agreed to share him!" she whisper shouted.

Ruby: "What can i do if he is the one making the moves!" she whispers back. "Also dont forget that you were the one that asked him out."

Blake: "She has a point Yang." the two look at their faunus friend and instantly notice the bag below her eyes.

Ruby: "You didnt get any sleep again?" her question was ignored. The sounds of footsteps made them turn their attention to the arena, where Y/n and Mercury just arrived.

Mercury: "I heard a lot about you Phantom." Y/n looked at him confused.

Y/n: "1. Since then do i have a nickname? and 2. What did you hear?"

Mercury: "After that incident at the docks other students started referring to you as "The Phantom of Beacon" or "Beacons Phantom" and i heard that you kicked Roman Torchwick in the ass." Y/n sheepishly rubbed his nape.

Y/n: "Ok that is new, also it was his jewels not his ass, but enough friendly banter." Y/n got into a fighting stance all to familiar for Ruby, Weiss and Phyrra.

Weiss: "Is he really going to start off with THAT?" she asked her friends.

Yang: "And what exactly is 'that' it looks like a weird stance to me."