Chapter 8: An eventful day

The rest of the day was uneventful, my team and i were sitting in the library, Nora was sleeping and Ren, Phyrra and me were reading . At another table team Rwby was playing a boardgame, nothing strange about that, IF you ignore the occasional glances from Ruby, Blake and Yang towards me. Everytime i catch one of them staring they quickly turn away and act like nothing happened and to be honest it was getting annoying. I never thought getting attention can get on my nerves, mainly because i never got attention, guess that im just not used to it. While they were playing Sun and the boy he was with at cafeteria, came walking in.

Sun: "Sup losers."

Ruby: "Hey Sun." she greeted. 

Sun: "Ruby, Yang, Blake, Ice-queen." this earned an angered 'Hey' from Weiss. "I wanted to introduce one of my friends to you. This is Neptune." Sun motioned towards the blue haired boy.

Neptune: "Arent libraries meant for reading?" he asked. I finished my book and walked towards them with a mischievous smile. Yang saw me and had to try not to laugh. Once i reached Sun and Neptune i got behind them and answered his question.

"Not really." I simply said.

Neptune shrieked and jumped into Suns arms, Sun was frozen in shock and team Rwby ,with the exception of Weiss, were laughing.

Sun: "DUDE! How many times do you want to scare me half to death with your ghost moves?" sun asked pissed and i raised my hands in surrender.

"Sun you know that even if i tried you would still be scared of my sudden appearance." i turn towards Neptune who was slowly calming down. "Sorry Neptune, name is Y/N." we shake hands and the boys started talking with team Rwby.

Weiss: "So Neptune here for the festival?" she asked and i could swear she was blushing.

Neptune: "Yes and i think i never caught your name Snow angle." he said with a flirtatious voice making the blush on Weiss' face grow. Meanwhile Sun tried his luck with Blake.

Sun: "Never took you for the board game type."

"Really Sun? That was the best you came up with?" my remark was ignored. Blake took a quick glance at me and i could swear she looked bothered with something, so i took action. "Hey Blake, now that i remember you wanted to borrow one of my books right?" she raised an eyebrow. I winked at her and she knew what my plan was.

Blake: "Ah yes, could i get it now?" she asked.

"Sure, lets go to the dorms so i can get the book." She got up and walked towards the door ,i followed her but not before saying goodbye to the others.

Me and Blake walked towards the dorms in silence, until i decided to break the silence.

"So now that we are out of there ,can you tell me what is bothering you?" she stops and turns to me looking shocked.

Blake: "N-nothing is bothering me. Everything is fine." she obviously lied, i sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Blake i have spent years practicing reading people and although you are not the easiest to decipher , it doesnt take a genius to see that something is bothering, so you could tell me, saving me the time of having to figure it out on my own, and i could try to help you as best as i can in my current state." i gave her a small smile and she relaxed a bit.

Blake: "I am scared of what the White Fang is planning." she stated.

"Ok that is something that i cant help you with , or atleast not alot. I would suggest talking with your team, ask your leader maybe ruby has an idea. As a fellow student i would have to tell you that trying to go after them is a stupid idea, BUT i am the one that ran into a robbery so i am not the right person to tell you this, just know that if you and your team decide on going after them try not to cause to much trouble." She looks stunned at what i said. I started to walk to my dorm but gave her a last piece of advise. "Try not to get shot, it hurts like hell." i said in a joking way and she giggled a bit.