Chapter 12: Opposites

Azure: "Ok, lets get you up to date about what we are going to be doing for the next 3 days." The older of the Jade Brothers started after a few minutes of awkward silence. "Now what do you already know?"

Y/n: "The town the mission is taking place at is called Hull, its a small coastal town, south-west of Vale, the inhabitants are mostly working in the fishing industry. The contract states that they have the suspicion that a aquatic type grimm is causing all the fish to flee." the older brother sweatdropped at the way his younger brother quickly explained the details.

Azure: "You really read the contract?" Y/n shot him a quick glare.

Y/n: "Why wouldnt i? Every piece of information helps keeping my team safe." he snapped at his older brother.

Ren: "Y/n please calm down, no need to get so heated up." the calm boy said while placing a reassuring hand on Y/ns shoulder. Y/n took a few deep breaths to calm down.

Y/n: "Thanks Ren. Now do we have any details on what that aquatic grimm could be? Any eye witnesses?"

Azure: "Only a child that said that he saw a big shadow in the water. Our job will be to investigate, gather info on the grimm and slay it." Y/n leaned back and closed his eyes, thinking about everything he just heared.

Y/n: "Hmm... Phyrra?" he opened his eyes and looked at his partner.

Phyrra: "Yes?"

Y/n: "Can you give me our Grimmiary?" she nodded and opened her back , starting to rumage through it.

Nora: "Any ideas flying around that mind of yours captain?"  Y/n nodded, Phyrra handed him the small notebook. Without making another sound Y/n started flipping through the pages of the notebook. After a few minutes of silence Azure decided to ask Y/ns teammates, seeing that Y/n didnt react on having his name called.

Azure: "He seems pretty immersed in that book, what did he call it? Something with Grimm?"

Phyrra: "The Grimmiary, sir. Y/n came up with that idea after seeing that professor Ports classes are... " she hesitated to finish that sentence.

Azure: "Useless?" he finished it for her and she nodded.

Phyrra: "For everyone except for Y/n, he listens to them all, takes notes and at the end of class he has a small page filled with information on the grimm that Port talked about in his story." Azure was shocked, his little brother was probably the only person that can get useful stuff from Ports extremely sugarcoated stories of his heroic youth.

Ren: "At first we just used his notes to learn for tests and stuff like that, but one day Y/n just asked us if we should start writing our own info book on the creatures of grimm."

Nora: "Yeah, who would have thought that after all those years , noone bothered to make such a collection on the existing Grimm. We searched the library , the local bookstores and even asked the headmaster, who might i add was as shocked as we were. So there we stood in Ozpins office , stunned about the noneexistence of such an important book and Y/n just threw his notebook to Ozpin. The headmaster took a look at the first page, after a few seconds the next and soon he was quickly flipping through all the pages, until he reached the end of the written pages. Man you should have seen the headmasters face, he looked at Y/n as if he grew a second head after burning down the school."

Phyrra: "It wasnt that extreme of a reaction, but he was pretty shocked. He asked Y/n a few questions before asking us to finish this book."

Azure: "How many Grimm have you completed yet?"

Y/n: "Completed, none, enough detail to allow even a team of first years a decent chance in a fight against them, currently 23."

Azure: "You want to tell me that you used your free time to research different Grimm just to write the stuff you find out in that book?"