Chapter 41: Official

Oscar: "So let me get this straight. My Semblance is giving the soul that is living in my body a body on its own?" Oscar asked the three that where with him. Raven and Y/n were looking at the spectral form of Ozpin.

Ozpin: "It seems so. Do you feel any different?" Oscar closed his eyes to concentrate.

Oscar: "I feel... divided? As if I am in two places at the same time. Wait there is something else."

Y/n: "Better not tr-" he was interrupted by Ozpin and Oscar starting to grunt in pain as the spectral body of Ozpin begin to warp. For a split second Ozpin was split into two, one figure was clearly the headmaster but the other was a unidentifiable man. As suddenly as it happened it vanished leaving a very confused Y/n and Raven and a very tired Oscar. "Try it out." Y/n finished with a sigh. "I thought so." Oscar and Raven stared at him. "Your Semblance allows you to manifest Ozmas hosts as aura projections, if I had to guess the other figure you just tried to summon was Ozkar Parker, the King of Vale."

Raven: "Any idea why it failed?" Raven asked intrigued.

Y/n: "Lack of training? Maybe lack of knowledge, there are a few options. Oscar, let Ozpin tell you about the previous host, as much as possible, try to imagine the person as a seperate being as you and Ozpin, maybe you will be able to manifest him too with enough intel." Y/n suggested and Oscar weakly nodded. "Lets get you back to base so you can rest. The others should be arriving from their missions soon." His two companions agreed and they went back to the arena finding it being more lively than before, workers were constructing some things, crates were moved, all in all the arena was being prepared for its departure.

Ruby: "Y/N!" The boy heard as someone clung to his back.

Y/n: "Hey Rosebud how was your first mission as a full fledged Huntress?" Y/n asked.

Ruby: "Soo cool, we fought Grimm! Alot of them, there were some centipede looking ones!"

Weiss: "CENTINELS!" Weiss corrected as she angrily stamped past them.

Ruby: "Yep those." Ruby said with a bright smile. "Even a Ghost, the Ace-Ops were also supper cool, their Semblances are awesome and don't get me started on their weapons. Clover is using a Fishing Rod, as a grappling hook slash whip." Y/n listened with a smile.

Y/n: "That sounds interesting. I also have something nice to say, Oscar found his Semblance. Although we are still trying to grasp the full extent, you should ask him to show you later." Y/n suggested and Ruby nodded happily.

Qrow: "There is something we need to talk Y/n." Y/ns smile vanished as he motioned Qrow to follow him to his room. Once they reached it they made sure noone followed they sat down as Qrow took a long swig from his flask. "Something is going on around Mantle." Qrow said.

Y/n: "What are we talking about?"

Qrow: "Those bandits you stole their intel from, they attacked the convoy. But they were acting strange." Y/n raised an eyebrow. "They were not strong, like at all, almost as if..." Qrow trailed off.

Y/n: "It was a distraction... fuck." Y/n swore as he pulled out his scroll and dialed in the number of the general. The moment James picked up Y/n spoke. "Increase secruity. Something is going on outside and I don't like this at all."

James: "It will be done. Thank you for the intel." The call ended. A sudden feeling of dread shot through Y/n as his scroll rang. Velvet. The person calling him is Velvet. His breath hitched, CVFY was told to only call if something went south and so with shaking hands Y/n picked up. Screams. Screams echoed through the speaker as a raspy voice spoke.

Velvet: "Va- Vacou" She coughed. "N-e...w...s" her breathing went silent as only the screams could be heard. This continued for 1 minute, soon even the screams found an aprupt end. Panic went through Y/n as he screamed for Velvet to answer. As no answer came he called Coco. Noone picked up. Fox. Noone picked up. Yatsuhashi... noone. Y/n looked at Qrow scared the huntsman was already talking to Ironwood trying to figure out what was going on in Vacou.