Chapter 10: Dance Dance Phantom

The night of the dance was finally there, students are starting to meet up with their friends or their dates, others make last minute adjustments to their clothes, or hair or make-up. Some are just staying at their dorm, just chilling or getting some studying in. At the ballroom Yang was waiting at the entrance, ready to greet the guests. The dance was about to start and a lot of students are already waiting for the doors to open and there in the first row stood Y/n in his suit.

At the moment he was without one of his four dates, the reason for that is that he thought it would be unfair to enter the ballroom with one of his dates and not the others

At the moment he was without one of his four dates, the reason for that is that he thought it would be unfair to enter the ballroom with one of his dates and not the others. Y/n made some last minute adjustments to his tie as the doors were opened. At first no one wanted to enter first so he just walked in , unnoticed by everyone else he stood in front of Yang.

Y/n: "I would have thought you will go with something yellow, but i must admit you look breath taking." He said with a nervous smile. Yang took a moment to look Y/n up and down before answering.

Yang: "Hot damn, lets check 'looking hot in a suit' from the list of things i want to know about you. Any reason why you are alone right now?" She asked swiping away the drool that formed while taking Y/ns appearance in.

Y/n: "Well a few actually, one i would feel bad if i had to choose one of you over the other, two you had to come here before everyone else so it would have been unfair for you and three i felt like it would be a nice surprise for you guys to find me already waiting for you with a bouquet of flowers for each of you." Saying the last part Y/n used his knowledge in streetmagic to let a bouquet of yellow roses appear in his hand, earning a few sounds of awe from the people behind him. "Here you go, unfortunately they didnt have some that are as beautiful as you." Luckily Y/n read that book about flirting before coming to the dance, because right now Yang was a mix of 3 colors, her yellow hair, her white dress and her red face. Stuttering she accepted the floweres ,smelling them and using them to hide her blush. "Ok i will leave you to it then, once you have time for a dance i will be at that table." Yang followed the direction Y/n pointed at and found a table for eight, with 3 differently colored bouquets of roses already waiting.

Yang: "How did you even manage to get them there with out me or Weiss noticing?" She asked a bit confused.

Y/n: "My Semblance can be quite helpful for things like these. But i should really go now people are starting to glare holes into my back." With a small chuckle Y/n walked towards the mentioned table, on his way there he sees Weiss looking a bit sad while making some changes to the decor. Noticing the obvious sadness in his friend Y/n walked towards her.

Y/n: "Good Evening Weiss, you look great, but that gloomy look doesnt fit you." The heiress reels around shocked.

Weiss: "OH its you. Sorry i was deep in thought." She tried hiding her sadness but to no avail. Y/n took a seat at the table she was at.

Y/n: "Take a seat. You know we might not be the closest of friends but you are still my friend and i dont like my friends looking so down, so please let me help." Weiss looked at Y/n a bit taken back but soon it changed to sadness as she sat down next to him.