Chapter 28: Peace in war

Reporter: "Mr. Jade! Mr. Jade! What exsactly happened at Haven?" Y/ns face was neutral but on the inside he was in agony. Bright camera flashes are blinding him, loud screams for his attention from the reporters and worse the giant amount of eyes locked on him just make him nervous. Good thing that he learned how to hide his emotions so he wont be a stuttering mess in this situation.

Y/n: "To fully understand what happened I have to talk about another great catastrophy, the Fall. At the day of the Fall when the grimm and the White Fang attacked Beacon, there was a puppeteer working from the shadows, this person is Cinder Fall, who died at Haven. She managed to do something to Leonard Lionheart and as we found out yesterday replaced him with an imposter. The real headmaster unfortunately has long been killed by Cinder and her henchmen. My team and sister team were sent by Ozpin ,before he died, to stop this imposter and a possible repeat of the Fall." Y/n explained at every single word was written down by the reporters. Once they finished they all tried to get his attention to ask their question. "Yes, row 3 seat 14." The mentioned reporter stood up.

Reporter: "Charson Schwarz from Mistral News Network. Many of our viewers are frightened by the high amount of Faunus that came to the city, do you have anything to say to that?" Y/n sighed, of course people will react like that to an army of faunus just coming out of nowhere.

Y/n: "Yes these faunus you see are the new faunus rights organisation called the White Pelt, they decided to leave the forceful ways of the White Fang behind and to go back to their peaceful ways. Their Leader, Ghira Belladonna was invited by myself to help me and my allies fight the White Fang and thanks to them we managed to prevent the destruction of Mistrals CCT tower and even arrested most of the attacking White Fang. To everyone out there that sees them as a threat know that it is thanks to them that you can hear or see me now. Without them the CCT would have been destroyed and the connection between the kindoms with it." Y/n called up another reporter.

Reporter: "Mr. Jade is it true that you are considered a hero back in Vale for your deeds at the Fall and that General Ironwood himself made you the youngest major of all times?"

Y/n: "Yes Ironwood made me a major after the events of the Breach dont ask me why for I still dont know myself. To the hero title let me say I am not a hero." The room went silent. "I failed to protect my friends at the Fall, one nearly lost their life the other their arm, my brother got killed because I failed. Thousands of people died and I couldnt do anything. If you were to ask me if I see myself as a hero I would love straight to your face and say 'Gods no'. Heroes dont exist in this time we live in, we have heroic people that save lifes but they are no heroes. That will be all no more questions." The chief of police took Y/ns place at the podium.

Chief: "That marks the end of the press conference please leave in an orderly fashion." With a few sounds of disappointment the reporters left the room, leaving Y/n and the chief of police alone. The chief turned towards Y/n and just stared at him.

Y/n: "What?" Y/n asked.

Chief: "You look tired." the chief simply said.

Y/n: "I am a 18 year old boy, that has a slight case of PTSD after the Fall, I had to kill someone yesterday to save my friends lifes and saw the dead body of Leonard Lionheart. WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN!?" Y/n started calm but suddenly snapped at the last part. "My friends see me as their leader and I have to stay strong for them. I have to deal with all the shit that comes flying our way while trying to remain calm and collected. My dreams are the only place I can finally vent and oh boy is it a joy to see all the shit over and over again. Now if you excuse me I have 4 girlfriends I promised to spent time with." without another word Y/n left and went back to the house he and his group stayed at. Once he entered he saw everyone watching TV where his interview was currently broadcasted. "Damn they work fast." Y/n mumbled. They heard him clear his throat and turned towards him. "Good I see everyone is here, now I hope Ozpin remembers our deal." Y/n slightly glared at Oscar show shrunk into his seat and nodded. His eyes flashed and his posture changed to a more stiff one.