Chapter 50: The End

A month of all out war has brought many things to the people of Remnant. Among those things were the first tools, weapons and even machines NOT using Dust in any way shape or form. Reason for their invention was the quickly dwindling supply of Dust all around Remnant. The mined Dust mainly went towards the war efforts and so Y/n made a puplic announcement to all people of Remnant to find ways to reduce their Dust usage. It did not take them too long to figure out things, seeing that the idea of using other sources of fuel had been around since the end of the Great War.

Another new dicovery is the knowledge about the possible end of all Grimm. Some of the Huntsmen that were send on missions securing more and more of the Grimmpools brought back insight into how they work. It is not yet clear how the Grimm are created exactly but it has been shown that for every Grimm coming out of a pool it will decrease in size. That and the local terrain, consisting of large craters, each with a pool in their center, signaled a clear decline in the amount of Grimm that can spawn. As this got announced to the public Y/n was asked about how long he thinks the Grimm will still spawn. His answer was 8 to 10 years.

Other the month that had past Y/ns forces slowly surrounded the castle they had found 2 weeks in. It had become clear that this building was the main base of the enemy. The closer they came the higher the amount of Grimm got once again.

This had been further proven after Y/n decided scouting out the castle would be necessary.

James: "You can not be serious. Why would you think going right into the home of the enemy would be a good idea?" The general had asked as his king explained his plan.

Y/n: "Because, I can easily get in and out without either the Grimm or Salem noticing. We need to make sure that Salem is actually in that castle and I will NOT send someone into their death for the slight chance that Salem might be there!" Y/n said angrily. "Too many have already died in this stupid war! 283 Huntsmen died!"

James: "More will die if we loose you!" James shot back.

Y/n: "I will go into that castle, in and out in less than an hour. Salem will be none the wiser, should she be there, if she is not there we can always..."

Jinn: "You just realized that I still exist correct?" Y/n nodded and the genie sighed. "Salem is in the castle." With that the woman vanished.

Y/n: "I am running on 2 hours of sleep coupled with enough coffee to make a man run from here to Vale."

James: "You should get some rest." The general suggested.

Y/n: "I am the leader of this army. A leader should be with their forces. I can rest once we have Salem hurling towards the sun." With that Y/n left.

Two more weeks pass till the castle was finally surrounded by Y/ns forces. Y/n had ordered the preparation of a small stage. He would be showing Salem that he was there with the most obvious way possible. Of course it was a trap, the stage that had been set up was left standing alone but on top of the hills surrounding the castle every single troop that was not busy guarding the pools had been stationed, ready to lay waste to the last remains of Salems kingdom. As he stepped onto the stage and in front of the prepared microphone he hesitated for a moment. After a deep breath he began.

Y/n: "SALEM!" He screamed from the top of his lungs. "I AM HERE! YOUR REIGN OF TERROR WILL END TODAY! WE ARE NOT SCARED OF YOUR ANYMORE!" The woman in questioned appeared on top of the highest tower. "Watts, Tyrian, Cinder, Emerald, Mercury and Adam are dead! Neo and Roman switched sides! Only Hazel and a few Grimm are what remain for your army. I hope Hazel is listening." Y/n looked at the castle and saw Hazel in one of the windows. "Did you ever tell him the truth? He still thinks it is Ozpins fault that his sister died? I thought you would not use such trickery?" Y/n teased as he saw Hazel opening the window, probably to better understand what Y/n was saying. "Hazel, yes Ozpin had send your sisters team on that mission. Yes it ended in her dying, BUT did you ever stop to think about the bigger picture?! OZPIN HAD SENT HER BUT SALEM HAD SENT THE GRIMM THAT KILLED HER! YOU SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT IT! SHE IS THE FUCKING SELF PROCLAIMED QUEEN OF GRIMM!" He smirked as he saw Hazels fists tightening. "You can still do what is right. Help me fight the murderer of your sister and I swear that Ozpin will get his due punishment." Before Hazel could decide a gunshot was heard, followed by more and more.