Chapter 32: Cheering up the Phantom and dating the Dragon

Y/n just finished taking a shower, washing away the sweat and the splatters of his own blood that got on him as he was coughing it up, and he was currently drying himself of. The pain of his stomach bursting is still going strong, but it was nothing Y/n could not hide. Taking a look at his body, Y/n realized just how much he improved his physique. Where once only slight muscle growth made his body look extremely scrawny he now grew a rather impressive athletic build, his stomach now featured a defined 6 pack, his blood and flesh arm looks almost able to crush bricks into dust.

His train of thought derailed as someone knocked on the bathroom door.

Ren: "Y/n, could you come to the living room once you finished?" 

Y/n: "Sure, Im nearly done, will be there in a few." Y/n answered as he grabbed his shirt.

As he stepped into the living room he noticed that his guitar layed on the coffee table and the TV showed a paused video.

Y/n: "Is everything ok?" he asked, earning the attention of everyone.

Ruby: "Blake told us what happened at the book store."

Weiss: "And we decided to show you that what they wrote is nothing more than assumptions and lies."

Phyrra: "Please sit down, we have something to show you." She patted the cushion next to her and Y/n sat down. Grabbing the remote Blake started the video. It showed a birds eye view of the destroyed grounds of Beacon and Vale. It must have been farely close after the Fall as buildings were still on fire and bodies still littered the streets.

Voice: "The Fall, the biggest tragedy since Mount Glenn. Current estimates tell of over ten thousand deceased men, women and children. Property damages reached the billions and one of the symbols of our peace has been reduced to ruins. Beacon academy lays in ruins." The screen switched to a view of Beacon, the once prestigious castle like structure now not much more than the ruins the students remember from their initiation. The camera stoped and zoomed in on the petrified dragon, now looking like a grotesque statue. "This is the Grimm that was alone responsible for over two thirds of the deaths and nearly ninety percent of the property damage. The numbers would have been a lot higher if it werent for the students of Beacon and most importantly the Jade brothers, Azure and his younger brother Y/n. Witnesses spoke highly about their valiant afford in stopping the beast, but the defeat of the dragon came with a cost, Azure Jade sacrificed himself to save his brother. With the dragon defeated the Grimm began to retreat and the fight was over. This was VNN Vales number one news network." The video ended and another began this seemed to be a recording of a talk show.

Host: "Everyone knows about Azure Jade, famous for his many good deeds, his strength and his success as a Huntsmen, loved by many, an idol for a generation of young huntsmen in training. But today is not about him, no instead we are here to talk about his younger brother." a picture of Y/n is shown in the back. "This is Y/n Jade, the now dubbed Phantom Hero of Vale and let me tell you he deserves this title and many more. Who of you remembers the Breach?" the camera shows the crowed and nearly everyone rose their hand. "This boy was the head behind the defense, he lead the huntsmen and the atlasian troops who fought the Grimm that invaded our home. He did all that only a day after having lost his arm to a Grimm. Here let me show you." The screen replayed the video of JNPR fighting the Sobek. "Man just look at that beast, Im no huntsmen but Im certain that they normaly dont come in these sizes. Just imagine what it could have done to that village. We were able to reach out to the person that recorded this. Please welcome, Jaylan Blu." A boy the age of around 18 came on stage, he and the host shook hands before sitting down. "Now Mr. Blu, may I call you Jaylan?"

Jaylan: "Sure go ahead."

Host: "Thank you, now Jaylan, you were the one recording Y/n and his team fighting the Grimm. Can you tell us more about them?"