Chapter 2

Anthony pulls over as soon as we enter the abandoned Victorian environment. I pull my fighting clothes from under the back seat and change up.
"Turn around" I motion Anthony. He turns around as instructed and I quickly strip and put on a black Calvin Klein bra top and a matching tights and put on my black ankle boots.

Anthony turns to face me as soon as I'm done. I tie my auburn hair in a neat bun. Don't need obstructions in battle now do we? Any mistake and you're a goner. I pull out my pistol from the jacket I removed and tugged it intoy waistband.

Anthony pulls it out in one split second.
"Hey what gives? " I snarl
"didn't you hear? This is human gambling, you fight without weapons, that's what makes the battle more interesting and worth the sponsors' investment in it" he quotes what papa told us at home and I mimic him. I roll my eyes and run into the abandoned warehouse.

I arrive just two minutes to time. All the sponsors are already seated impatiently. As soon as they see me they frown in anger at me for delaying I guess. I resist the urge to rolly eyes at each and every one of them. They're all probably in their late forties or thirties, they're smoking and sipping on their liquor while some of their men prepare their man I'd be fighting against. He's tanned, huge AMD tall but I'm not intimidated in the slightest. I've been trained properly.

The room is big and rectangular, the only thing lighting it up is a single bulb dangling loosely from the ceiling on the middle of the room.
"Are you ready? " papa asks me while Anthony massages my shoulders. I nod slightly, my face set in attack mode.
"break a leg" Anthony says. I literally may. He pats my back, nudging me to go into the space provided for us to fight in the spacious room. All the people who bet on me are leaning against the wall, their faces filled with focus as they watch us step inside.

I don't fail to notice some of the men glaring at me with a smug smile on their faces as they whisper amongst each other that I'm just a girl and won't win the bet or be able to take down their best man. We'd see about that thots.

"This is a fight to the death battle, no weapons and there are no rules either" No rules? But you just gave one and it says "no weapons". I stifle from rolling my eyes at the storm looking man that is blabbering mombo-jumbo shirty rules.

"If you wish to give up in the battle you hold up your hands in surrender for five seconds to your opponent " He adds and turns to glare at me, a smug smirk playing on his austere face, he is obviously pin-pointing that last statement to me. I cock my head and arch an eyebrow at him and he turns back to the big guy.

"Begin!! " He yells out, his bass voice bouncing off the walls. Immediately he seats down next to the remaining spectators, I turn my glare to my opponent. Come on big bad wolf, let's get this show on the go!!

-

A/N: I am quite sad that I only have 4 followers and 8 reads on my first chapter. I'm already beginning to give up on writing, my strength comes from my readers AND clearly i have non so I'm losing hope. Please share my story with your followers, follow and give me your opinions on my book it'd mean the world to me if you do :(