Chapter 38

Hickeys. So many hickeys on my neck!

He fucking left hickeys on me. And it's not even in places where it can be hidden by his sweater. The one under my jaw isn't that visible but that doesn't mean if one looked they wouldn't see it.

I pull the sweater up for the tenth time as I look myself in the mirror, knowing very well that it'd still settle back down on my shoulders.

This won't do. GAH! And there's no concealer to hide it.

I pull at my damp hair. Freezing when an idea pops into my head. Quickly looking for a hair brush which I thankfully find in one of the mirror's closet drawers, I use it to brush my hair so it gets fuller a bit.

Not content enough, I begin brushing my fingers down the long length of the hair that's now a bit wavy, trying to get as much hair as possible to the left side if my face where the hickey is to cover it up.

I sigh in relief once the problem is fixed. I just have to make sure I don't move much so the hair doesn't unclad the bite marks.

Mustering up courage, I walk out of the room, feeling like a rag doll since the hands of the sweater is falling over my hands, the sweatpants equally just as baggy, only holding onto my body due to the ropes in the waistband.

And my unkempt hair isn't doing my look any good. I pass by a couple of maids and some people working here. Corridors and stairs before finding the dining room.

I wont go into details about how big or flashy this place is but all I'd say is that it screams royalty with all the red and gold decorations.

My eyes land on all of them just as theirs land on me. Their little conversation ceasing. "Aileeta, you're finally down. I almost thought you wouldn't and so was about to send a maid to serve you dinner in your room" Lauretta is first to talk. Gesturing for me to come in and take a seat.

Yes, come in. Because the dining room is as big as a school cafeteria. And I'm not over exaggerating.

I take a seat beside Anthony who's sitting across from Alex and Benedict on the long table filled with almost 16 more empty dining chairs. If not more.

I clear my throat and look away from Alex when I catch him staring at me. Papa is sitting beside Lauretta on the shorter edge of the table.

"Dear, why are you wearing a guy's clothes? You should've told me if you needed some spare clothes and I would've requested it be sent to you" she says honestly.

I pass a brief notable glare at Alex before looking at her, giving her a soft smile. "Well, I guess someone just had other plans when I asked him to inform you about it" I say, pinpointing the stressed word at Alex.

She seems to have understood as she passes Alex a glare of her own but doesn't say anything.

"Anyway, ohm, what were you guys talking about before I came? " I ask nicely, looking at them expectantly. "princess, I was just telling them how we'd be leaving soon" papa says and I just know that by 'we' he means he, Anthony and I.

"I don't want us to be a burden by outdoing our stay here" he adds. I stare wide eyed, mouth agape "Which I've told you, you're not going to be. Besides, it gets lonely here sometimes. Apart from palace responsibilities that brings in stress. I could use some company, actually " She says genuinely before continuing new conversations with papa, alex and Benedict

"Relax Aileeta, Rodriguez is referring to he and i returning to Italy and you going back to your house. We're not planning on taking you from your lover. " He teases.