Chapter 36

*No edited*

After running past a series of lobbies, I finally find my room that was assigned to me by the queen. Opening the almost heavy door, I shut it behind me and quickly storm to the window, drawing the curtains close as the sun begins to peak through. The huge chandelier hanging from the ceiling and the lit candles being the most thing lighting the room.

A sob finds its way through my mouth along with a stray tear. The door opens and shuts soon enough. I quickly wipe off the tear and cover my mouth to prevent the person who entered here from knowing of my little breakdown.

I realise it's Anthony when he places his hands on each side of my shoulders, his front touching my back. "Aileeta, why did you run off like that?! " he says in merely a whisper. I squeeze my eyes shut to prevent unwanted tears from spilling.

"He... He was innocent all along Anthony... He was the one who tried to keep my mom and sibling alive when I was in no capability of doing so and here I was.... Venting my rage on him... Wanting to kill someone who was also a victim of Marc's sadistic nature "

I squeak out. My voice becoming wobbly from inches tears. "He was just as helpless as I was. Threatened, traumatized, mentally attacked and I..... I wanted to kill him... If things didn't take that fate last night I would've.... Oh my God"

My voice breaks into a whisper at the last part, tears beginning to break loose. "Shh, Aileeta... " He rubs my arms, turning me to face him. I oblique with my eyes still close tightly. Tears keep on pouring out like waterfall.

He wipes the little he can off with his hands before pulling me from the back of my head to place on his chest.

"shhh, don't cry. relax, breathe. " He whispers in a coo voice, squeezing my waist comfortingly with one hand while the other brushes the back of my head in an attempt to soothe me.

"Calm down. You shouldn't be feeling guilty. It was all Marc's fault not yours. Not Benedict's. You're also a victim so don't blame yourself "

I clutch his upper shirt as I try to calm down. "it was all Marc's sinical idea to make his own son appear like a retard criminal. You're not God to have known. It's alright OK? Look at me... "

He pulls me off him, forcing me to open my eyes and look at him. I Concede do so eventually. "Don't you ever cry over something that isn't your fault. Never, you hear me? " he firmly says.

I nod a little, wiping off the last shed tears from my face. "Thank you " I croak out. He nods after hugging me one last time.

"No sweat. I'd be going to 'my room' now. If you need me you know where to find me" he sends me a two fingered salute before leaving. I smirk genuinely at his departing figure before turning my gaze away from the door.

Right. I have something I have to do also.

Two knocks on the door and there's a 'come in' from the other side of the room before I open the door cautiously, the door seeming too heavy now for me to open.

My eyes immediately meet with blue ones staring wide eyed at me. Perhaps not expecting me to be the one coming.

"Hi" I say breathily as I shut the door behind me.l, strolling into the room further till I'm only but a few feet away from him, then I take a seat on the royal like cream bench sofa. All the while, maintaining eye contact with him before deciding to look away and at something else now.

We both sit in an uncomfortable silence for a while before I finally muster the guts to speak up.

"I'm sorry" we both surprisingly say at the same time. My eyes snap up to meet his. He huffs out a smirk. "You go first " I kept quiet so we both don't chorus this part at the same time too. He's the one who says it only.

"I'm sorry for misunderstanding the situation. This whole time I thought it was all you. That you were the mastermind behind it all. I didn't know that you were just as victimized by him as I was.... "

I trail off, feeling uncomfortable looking into his eyes while saying all this. I avert my gaze to his bare chest but seeing it a bad idea, I look at the wall behind him instead.

"You shouldn't apologize for that.  You weren't going to figure that out any way except through me and I couldn't possibly tell since I wasn't in the freedom to. I also sincerely apologize for everything I and my.... Dad put you through " He says deeply before he starts getting up from the bed.

Before I even realise it, my legs begin to rush towards him. "Hey, you need to rest" I hold him by his arms to push him down.

He hisses in pain, pulling his right arm from my grasp. "Shit, sorry, I forgot" I quickly retract my hands and begin to examine his arm in hopes that I didn't injure him.

"it's OK. And I've already had enough rest. It's getting boring laying down there for hours doing nothing" He says but I barely hear as my attention is focused on thanking God that I didn't cause the arm to bleed.

Suddenly I feel his hand cup my chin and I visibly tense as he turns my head to look into his eyes that are already staring down into mine.

"Have you been crying? Your eyes are red and puffy" He says in almost a whisper. I freeze all of a sudden, not being able to break eye contact.

"I... I wasnt" I lie, my voice betraying my words. He's about to say something when the door bursts open. I quickly step back away from him like as if he burned me.

Both of us quickly turn our heads to the door to see Alex frozen at the entrance, staring between the both of us.

A/N: next chapter is gonna be fire. Probably. Vote, comment, follow my gram @gigiarako