Chapter 21

Aileeta's p.o.v
I finish cleaning myself up and am out of the washroom. I rush to my earring and pick it up. "Anthony? Can you hear me.... Oh fu–"
"yeah I can, why? What's up, I've been calling your name ever since but you weren't responding. " he says worriedly. "Likewise" I curtly respond letting out a little sigh of relief.  "That bastardized Alex spilled juice on me, I poured on the earring so I took it off so it can dry while I wash myself up. I thought I'd lost total connection with you for a moment " I add and he chuckles lightly.

"oh, yeah I forgot to tell you, Benedict was known his phone, he looked pretty serious and he suddenly left, saying his 'mom ' called" I say with a sarcastic tone on the last part. "I think he's up to something, I don't know,  please be careful. Are you there already? " I say in a low whisper.

"yes, I'm at the ship duck. The warehouse is in view. I have our necessities for the ambush, I'm just waiting for the right time to blow it up and also waiting for you" He says and I sigh contemplating.

"I'd be there soon. If I don't arrive there on time, blow the warehouse on my signal. If there are guards in there, blow them up with it" I say coldly. "sure" is all he says and I take it as my cue to depart from the house. I sneak out through the room window to avoid drawing attention. I'd just tell them I went out through the back door and apologize for not telling them. I pull out my pistol from one of my boots and dip it in the band of my sweatpants and I'm ready to go.

I rush into the Buckingham Palace, the sky is pitch black right now and the environment is cold and empty. Good thing everyone has gone back home. Don't want innocent people losing their lives. As I get into the alley that leads to the ocean I stop in my tracks because it's not only my feet that is stomping on the gravelled floor.

I'm being followed!

I suppose my hands in the pockets of my sweatpants as I move to a different destination to misguide my follower. I can perceive that familiar scent of lavender and rose geranium and I just know who's following me.

Alex.

Alex's p.o.v
It was very odd that Reid whom I now know as Aileeta hadn't come out of the room till now. I've been waiting at the base of the stairs for a while now for her to come down but she hasn't. I get suspicious as I move to the room she's in. As I open the door, all I see is emptiness.

She's gone. My eyes avert to the half open window. I run to it and open it wider. I can perceive her faint scent which proves that she went through here. I looked down from the window. How this she get down from such a height like this?

"Damn it! " I run down the stairs silently so that my friends don't know what I'm up to and go through the back door. I'd sort things out with them tomorrow when they ask where I was. I follow the scent of her lemon and strawberry cologne mixed with the chilly air.

The scent leads to no other than the Buckingham Palace. "What the hell is she doing here? " I whisper to no one in particular. The cold air from the waterfall pond wafts me, accompanied by the harsh weather and I resist the urge to wrap my arms around myself for warmth.

I get less cold as I get closer to the ship duck, the feeling of nervousness and fright of getting caught washing it all away. I stop dead in my tracks as I spot her. I'm only 25 steps away from her. I quickly duck into the alleys so she doesn't see me once I notice she's also stopped moving.

Why did she suddenly stop?

She soon dips her hands in her pockets, looking around the ship duck, the sea air blowing her blonde hair that's illuminated by the moonlight. She steps back dangerously and takes a turn into another alley.

What is she up to?

I can already hear my heart pounding in my chest as though it's just close to my ear as I begin to follow her carefully this time. I've almost lost view of her so I tip-toe-run into the direction she goes into. Once I reach the dead end alley, I see she's no where to be found.

"Fuck" I exclaim as I fristratedly examine the dim lit alley. I move in a little more, freezing abruptly when a bad feeling hits me suddenly. She can't just disappear like that in a dead end....

Could it be she knew I she was being followed?

Before I could listen to my instincts and escape from here, there's a presence sensed behind me and I just know that it's too late to attack or run away.

I turn around swiftly and she's the first silhouette figure I see before a cold iron bar crashes on my head hardly. I swoon a little out of dizziness, my balance leaving me as I try to grasp my vision but the impact is too hard and mind throbbing.

My legs give up on me as I slump down on the ground, darkness and unconsciousness enveloping me sooner.