Chapter 30

Aileeta's p.o.v

It's almost been three weeks now. I haven't gone to school since my little 'confession' to Alex. Not that I'm running away, just, not ready for any unnecessary confrontation. Besides, I have more important things to do. Like preparing for my attack, which I've been doing during these past few weeks.

"These are all the men we need?" He asks and I nod as I look at all the guns that I have put silencers on, machine guns and portable guns while loading the remaining empty guns with sufficient bullets. "Yes, papa sent his best. We don't need too much else the job will be almost too impossible... And life risking" I from at the thought of losing more people close to me. No, can't think about that now.

"Aileeta... Are you OK? " He rests a hand on my shoulder, bringing me out of my daze through the light squeeze he gives me. My head turns to the hand resting on my left shoulder and up at a concerned looking Anthony. I place my right hand on his and give it a small assuring squeeze. "Yeah, I am. I'm just happy that I'd finally be able to avenge my mom and sibling's death" I give him a warm smile at that. He nods in understanding, not pushing the topic further.

"I'm sure your mom and sibling will be proud of you and grateful to have such strong and brave young lady like you as a daughter and sister " Jake, one of our trusted ex-mafia men, says genuinely. I look up at him to see his blue eyes already looking back at me. I smile at him as I scrutinize each and every one of them. They're all well body built, tall and have worked up muscles, perfect for this job. I stand up from the ground that I was sitting on, placing the loaded guns on the ground.

"Jake, Ryan, Anthony, Edward, Steven, mac. " I call each if them, looking at each one that I call. I clench and unclench my jaw. "You all are my family too. I lost two family members to these Mafia gang that we're about to attack, I don't want to lose another one to them today. We are one body, family and team. As we go into this battle, we must come out of it victorious and come out of it together. As a team. Not leaving anyone behind. So don't you dare die on my watch bullet whores " I purse my lips as I watch them stare at me with round eyes. Edward is the first to break the silence.

"OK, when you started, I was deeply touched, but did you have to ruin the loving speech with that lame nick name?" he runs a hand through his black hair as he talks. "I told you man, she starts to say something considerate but ruins it all at the end. You need to stop trying Aileeta " Anthony says with a fake disapproving stare. I pout at him. "I know right?! You just broke my heart Leeta. " Mac shakes his head in fake disappointment, cleaning off fake tears from his eyes.

I give them the middle finger. "Whatever drama queens. Just don't die on me or else I'd kill you " I say playfully. "How will you be able to kill a dead person?" Anthony chuckles which earns him a punch on the arm from me. "Hey, save that for the people who deserve that, geez" He whines, rubbing the spot. "I'm serious here... " I glare at him. "Don't worry, we won't die that easily. We're top notchers " Steven snickers at his joke. At least that's what I think it is. "We'd win this battle together and come out alive together " Ryan says and they all chorus in agreement.

I smile gratefully at the team spirit. "Com'ere" I spread open my arms for a group hug which they all come into as we wrap into the hug.

******

They carry our equipments and weapons to the garage and into the well tinted glassed red Solaris (V6SLE) car that we'd be using for this mission tonight. I help them chuck it into the booth and we go back into the house with some weapons for them to use as they go back home to prepare themselves too. "Ryan and Edward will stay here with you two while we go home so that they'd protect you in case Ben already knows of our attack and wants to ambush you. We'd come back at exactly 9pm so that we proceed with the attack. " Mac says in monotone. I nod in understanding.

"At least stay a bit and have lunch with us, take it as a token of my appreciation. " I grin as I motion for them to come to the dinning room which they do without a second thought. "Who can say no to food?! " Mac and Jack chorus and run to the kitchen while Steven shakes his head at their childishness. "They're at least 36 or so and yet they act like toddlers. Hopeless! " he sighs as he follows them behind. I chuckle lightly at his remark, abruptly pausing when there's a knock on the front door.

I switch to alert mode as I quickly pick up my gun from the table in the living room and silently walk to the door. The knock erupts the now silent living room again as I'm now in front of the door, the only sound heard now is the loud beating of my heart. No one else knows where I live so I need to be extra careful. I slowly place my hand on the door knob, clutching the cold gold metal tightly while my other hand grips my gun tightly. Immediately, I twist the knob, opening the door, my fingers equally find its way to the trigger. The door swings open and I aim the pistol at the anonymous person. I freeze when my eyes land on the person standing in front of me.

"Alex?! " At this moment, all I can hear is silence as I stare at the shocked looking guy in front of me. "How did you find me? " I say, trying not to stutter as I put my gun down from his face and into my waistband  as I wait for him to answer. "I followed you that night we.... " He trails off, uncomfortably scratching the back of his head. My eyes widen as I immediately catch on what he meant. That night.... I blush a bit but cover it up by clearing my throat.

"And what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in school? " I ask, folding my arms. "You should be in school too but you don't see me complaining, do you? " He retorts.

Touché

"Guess we both have the same reason for ditching school today. " He adds when I don't respond for a while, stepping in without my permission. I quickly turn to look at him once the front door is shut. "Excuse me? What do you mean by that? " I scowl even more at him. He sighs, looking me over. "Is it to late to want to help you? " My eyes widen a bit at his words. "I don't need your help. I can do this on my own" I say firmly, trying to hide the swirls of joy from knowing he's on my side.

"Well, you wont be able to get into that castle easily without me" He rolls his eyes and hands me his iPhone to, I assume, punch in my number which I collect reluctantly and put in my number. Muttering curse words under my breath like a child whilst he chuckles lowly at me. Our actions cease when a sound of a loaded gun is heard from behind Alex. "Move away from her slowly" Edward says coldly as he attempts to pull the trigger.

"Relax... He's Alex cold butt"
"Colebert" He corrects, turning around to face Edward. I shoot him a glare through the corner of my eyes. "If I say it's cold butt, then COLD BUTT it BE! " I spit through gritted teeth at him. Edward puts down his gun, still staring at Alex.

"oh. What's he doing here? And how did he know this is where you live? " he steps forward towards us. He turns to Alex now, not letting me answer his question, he perks up again "what are you doing here, did Benedict send you here as a spy? "

"No. Even if he did, I won't do that. " he sighs and looks at me. "I know everything that's going on now. I know he's my cousin but he did the wrong thing and I can't support a murderer, even if that murderer is my cousin. I came to tell you that I'm on your side. I want to help you. I mean this with all sincerity. " He pauses. Fully looking at me now. His eyes searching mine for confirmation.

"Let me help you avenge your mother and sibling! "

A/N: There will be some plot twists in this book where you least expect it. Comment what you think is going to happen as this book proceeds let me know who'd get it right. Huehuehuehuehueeee