Chapter 34

*Not edited. Pic of Queen Lauretta above*

I sit in the waiting lobby as I watch Lauretta on the other side of the wall sitting on the iron bench uneasily. Her eyes a shocked daze.

*After the incident last night*

The door busted open as soon as I asked Benedict my question. In came Anthony and the rest of my men who were in alert mode still.  Guns in hand as they aim at any enemy that may be in sight. Once his eyes land on me, they widen.

"Aileeta! " He breathes out as he comes rushing to me. Steven and Edward rush to attend to Alex whilst Mac goes over to Marc's corpse. Anthony sees Benedict standing beside me and quickly points his gun at him. "No!.. Dont" I say. He gives me a confused and questioning look. "What do you mean? He's the enemy you're looking for revenge from! " He says, still not putting down his gun. I shake my head in disagreement.

"He's not" I simply say as I look at Steven and Edward who've gotten Alex up from the ground. "Where's everyone from the palace? " Steven looks at me from my question. "we took them to the meeting room. It was more safe there and big enough to occupy all of them. There was a lot of people in this palace so we couldn't possibly take them out of here so we just hid them there" I nod, glad that everyone is OK.

"The m–" I say but I'm cut in. "They're all taken care of. We've eliminated all his men with the help of your dad " Ryan says, knowing what my question was before I even asked it. My gaze snaps up to him at the entrance, beside him stands papa and a shocked looking Lauretta. "papa" I whisper like I'm trying to believe it myself. Quickly, I run over to him, engulfing him in a longing hug, tears of happiness falling out of my eyes. He hugs me back tightly.

"It's finally over papa. Marc was behind all this the whole time. It was all him. And now he's finally dead. I killed him. I've gotten our revenge" I smile and look up at him, still having my arms around his waist. He wipes off my tears, he himself having tears visible in his eyes.

"I avenged mom, your wife, the baby.... That we couldn't see in the flesh... We did it papa" I sniff. He nods. "I know. I am so proud of you my angel. Now we can be at peace. " He confirms. I cry all the more as I rest my head on his chest again. "when did you come? " I ask through croaked voice. "Right after you disappeared I'm search of Alex. I was helping our men fight off Marc's. The gun shots from here led us to find you. " He explains. Soon, there's a 'thud' sound from beside us. We both turn to see Lauretta on the floor on her knees, a single tear finding its way through her eye as she stares at her husband's corpse at the distance.

I look at papa and back at her. I honestly feel so bad for her. She doesn't deserve all this drama. I kneel down unsurely, in front of her "I.... My queen.... " I clear my throat, not knowing how to continue once her blue eyes lands on me. I can't read her eyes because she's not giving off any emotion in them. "I know. Your dad told me he's in the Mafia... But that's all he told me apart from the fact that he did something very horrible to you and your family... I know" she breaks down this time. Crying all the more.

"But seeing him dead like that breaks me a lot" she bows her head, her blonde hair falling all over her face. I quickly raise her head up to look at me, shaking my head at her. "He was a wicked man. He doesn't deserve your tears. Hell, he doesn't even deserve you. I'm sorry to say but he did something very unforgiving to my dad and I that isn't even worthy of being called humanly wickedness, and so deserved the death he has now" I say firmly. Turning to give him a short glance right before his corpse is taken away.

"I need to know everything. Your story involving Marc... And Benedict's story too " her tone turns deep when she looks up at, I suppose, Benedict.

*End of the incident's rememberance*

I told Lauretta every single story of mine about Marc. All the while she kept quiet, listening to it. She eventually understood my side although she was angry and heartbroken from hearing it. The news of Marc's death surely indeed got on the news obviously. But Lauretta created a story and gave to the press which they bought. I just hope they leave it at that and don't fish out for more. Papa already got rid of every Mafia member of Marc that died so that the press won't have something to talk about that would most definitely contradict the whole story Lauretta gave.

They'd have to search for a new king now.

Alex is being treated in one of the palace hospital rooms and so is Benedict. We're currently waiting for the palace doctor to come with information regarding them. Lauretta uncomfortably runs her hands up and down her flowery fabric skirt

Papa's men have already gone back to Italy, Milan,  as they have their families to return to so it's just Anthony and papa that're here in the palace with us. Anthony sits beside me, placing a hand on my shoulder which causes me to hastily look at him. "Are you two hungry? You've been sitting here empty stomached since last night, should I ask the maids to fix you both something to e–"

"No, I'm ok" Lauretta and I both exclaim at the same time. We both look at each other before she gives me a faint ghostly smile then looking back down at the floor that her red puffy eyes from crying has been staring at for a while now.

Papa comes in, staring at her for a while contemplatingly before speaking. "Lauretta, I send my sincere condolences for all this stress and trouble you've been put through" His voice causes her head to snap up at him. Eyes now widened in horror. "No, please, I beg of you, don't apologize. I rather should apologize for my hus.... For Marc... For putting you and your family through this"

She gets up to fully face him. He tries to say something against her words but she quickly raises her hand to stop him. "Let me. I didn't know Marc was in Mafia, more so, a leader of it. Neither did I know that he killed someone dearly to you. My sincere condolences... And my sincere apologies too for misjudging you all last night" she finishes.

Papa looks at her for a while with concern before nodding. He's about to say something when the doctor comes in. "Excuse me, your highness... " She courtesy at the queen then nods at the rest of us in acknowledgement "I've treated the wounds of the patients. The bullet has been successfully removed from the prince. You may see him now " She raps out in a professional tone before excusing herself.

I get up following papa and Lauretta along with Anthony into Benedict's room to get answers.

Answers to missing puzzles.