Chapter 31

Alex's p.o.v

It's exactly 9pm. The sky is a very dark pitch black atmosphere and the crispy cold air reeks of nothing but danger. I sigh as I walk towards the castle gate. Not before a hand grads mine. "If you can't do this then dont" she says sternly. I huff and smirk, inching closer to her. "I can. And I will sugar plum " I collect my hand back from her grip and tug a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. My finger tips lightly brush her soft cheek and I notice how she blushes a bit but quickly covers it up by clearing her throat and putting the gun silencer on her gun while making a call to, I assume, her men.

"I'd go now" I inform her and begin walking towards the guards in front of the gate that looks like the walls of Jericho. The guards standing at the gate immediately shoot me a stern glance once I come into their view. I tilt my head, raising a questioning brow at them. "At least step aside so I can come in. I need to visit my Aunt Lauretta " They look at each other as if having a mind convo with themselves before looking back at me, one of the guards, Troye, speaking up.

"does the Queen know? "
"How should that be a bother to you? She's my Aunt, not yours, now move! " I order. He stays reluctant for a moment but eventually obliques and opens the gate, stepping aside along with the other guards for me to get in.

The entrance is very large and elegantly created. One can get lost if he's new to this place and has no one to direct them. I'm encountered with several guards ,whom I now know are Mafia members of King Marc, as I walk through the enormous courtyard. I step into the castle and walk through several corridors, floors and layers upon layers of stairs before I finally get to the kitchen department. The kitchen is only filled with a few maids I've seen a thousand times.  No sign of Benedict or... Marc. I walk towards a maid and look down in order to see her. She's pretty and short like Aileeta. But not as beautiful and sex.....

Not now Alex.

I clear my throat and tap the lady's shoulder. She swirls around to face me, smiling warmly once her hazel eyes meet mine. "Alex, what brings you here? " she's curtly asks, showing courtesy. "ohm, I need to collect homework from Ben. I didn't go to school today. I wasn't feeling too well. " I lie easily. "oh. He didn't go to school today either, so I'm sorry you won't be able to get the school information that you need. But how are you feeling now? Should I prepare you some herbs to get better?"
"Ah, no no no. I'm all good now. It was just a morning fever" I quickly say, watching as she blushes beetroot red while she nods in understanding . I forgot she's one of the lady's that has a crush on me.

"But uh... Have you by chance, seen him... And my.... Uncle?! " I clear my throat, suddenly finding it difficult to call Marc my uncle. I wander why Benedict didn't go to school today. Does he know that Aileeta is launching an attack on him tonight? I'm drawn out if my daze when Marcy calls out. "Alex? "
"Oh, yeah?! Sorry, what did you say again ?"
"...i said they're both in the main dinning room having dinner " she blushes again when I place a hand on her shoulder mouthing a 'thanks' to her. I ignore that and rush to the dinning room area.

I arrive in front of the door, thankful that there's no guards here now. I slowly open the door and peek through to see Benedict and Marc sitting alone at table, talking more than they are, eating. They're so far off but I can still hear them thankfully due to the echo-ey room. I pull out my phone when it begins to vibrate in my pocket. Glancing at the caller ID first, I pick the call. Backing away from the entrance to the dinning room before answering. "Hello? "

"Yeah? " I whisper. "You in already? Are you OK? " I smirk at her concerned tone. "Yes, I'm just at the dinning room area" I rush out. "Why? Is Benedict there? Does he know you're around? "
"Yes he's in the dinning room. And.....no he doesnt" I say the last part with uncertainty. "Is Marc there? " I nod before responding "Yes". There's silence on the other end, followed by some rustling before she perks up again. "What of the Queen? " my heart skips a beat at that question.