Chapter 27

"What the fuck?! " A deep bass male voice exclaims as the door falls open. We both pull apart quickly from the sound and look at him with 'busted' eyes. "What the hell is going on here?! " He scrunches his face up, looking between Alex and I. I can only see his silhouette figure because the room is dark, the only light being that which is coming from the hallway. "why aren't you in class, Alex? " He asks. Now glaring at me. "Why aren't YOU in class? " Alex retorts. "Cuz you weren't there so I came looking for you, and here you were, making out with a new student so much you didn't realize it's already lunch time" oh, it is?!  I didn't know. Alex doesn't respond or look bothered at all. Cool. He side glances at me and mutters something for only me to hear

"Don't forget what I told you" and with that, he walks out of the room without saying anything to Benedict who's still staring at me.  I shrug nonetheless and walk past him. Not before he mutters to me. "Don't think I don't know what's going on. Very soon, I'd put the dots together sweetheart. Mark my words Reid... Or should I say, Aileeta?! " My eyes widen a fraction at his mention of my name. How did he find out my real name?! "It's Reid. Reid Manchester. Get your facts right hoe! " I still stay in character regardless, although this only earns me a dry chuckle from him. "Do you think I'm stupid?" He huffs out, stepping back to take a look at my face. I give him a blank look and shrug "Maybe" I simply say and take to move past him. He sharply grips my left upper arm and chucks me firmly to him so that I'm now directly looking into his eyes that are filled with rage, his jaw gnashing and grinding in anger against each other at my response. "Don't think I don't know your real name now. I'm not dumb. Don't take me for a fool. You called for a war and a war you'd get" I smirk bitterly at his threatening words, yanking my hand from his grip and folding them, resting my body weight on my right leg. "I know you're not dumb. I knew you'd find out sooner or later. Oh, and can I ask you one thing? " I walk closer to him, not breaking eye contact with him, our lips almost touching. "Did your dad perhaps... " I trail off, licking my lips as I stare down at his slowly before looking back into his eyes, observing that he also imitated my actions. "Enjoy the little show last night?! " I finish, mockery laced in my tone. My words affected him. I can tell from the way he clenches his fists and jaw.

He moves closer to me slowly, causing our noses to now touch. "Well this is nothing compared to what my Dad and I did to your bitch of a mother don't you think? That was a more fun expe–" I don't let him finish as I immediately land a hard punch against his right jaw which sends him stumbling back a bit. The sound of bone cracking, filling the atmosphere. Whether it was my bone crack or his jaw, I could care less as all I see now is red. The corner of his lips splits open and blood trickles down.

He dabs on the blood with his pointer and middle finger and looks at the stained finger before looking at me. He huffs out and smirks like as if this was some funny kidz bop. "You're going to regret what you did just now Ailee–"
"No, YOU are going to regret EVERYTHING you did! " I stride closer to him, gripping his chin with my hand and pulling his face closer to mine firmly as he tries to break loose.

"Next leader of the Mafia"

"so he knows?" Anthony states as he works on his phone and laptop. Investigating the palace. "Then we have to be as fast a possible " I nod in agreement. I won't take things slow and kindly with Benedict anymore. After the   disrespect he gave to my dead mother and my....

"I've messaged Rodriguez already. About the palace information. There are 15 guards in the lower floor, 19 in the upper. 20 guarding the entrance. It's a total of 54 securities and they're all from the Mafia. It won't be easy to take them all down by ourselves. We'd need as much backup as possible " He says. "Papa still has a multitude of his Mafia gang... The ones that're still loyal to him, I mean. I've told him to send us at least 62 but he said that it wouldn't be possible "

"why not? He has that much doesn't he? "
"he says it'd draw too much attention and it'd be obvious that we're launching an attack. The fewer the better. That way we'd eliminate their guards silently. The palace is very huge so we won't easily be found" I plop myself on the bed, looking through the photos of the palace that Anthony managed to take. "This is a very deadly game; Ex mafia gang against Mafia. It's a 50:50 chance. Either they die, or we do" Anthony says as he adjusts himself on his spinning chair. I stand up once I'm sure the conversation is over, I pick up my jacket, chuck it on and walk to the door. "Where are you going at this time of the evening?" He perks up.

I clutch the door frame and halt from leaving. Looking over my shoulder, I see he's no more working on his gadgets but now rather looking at me for answers.  "Alex said to meet up at starbucks" I simply say. "And you think it's safe? He is the cousin of our enemy Aileeta. What if they're both plotting something against you through Alex? We can't trust anybody, especially those exceptionally close to our target" He makes a good point. But I don't know why I seem to trust Alex. I won't lie, I've been thinking about him a lot lately. It's so confusing because I've never thought about anyone except my family.

"Yes I know, but I'm properly trained. I can protect myself if need be. And if you still have doubts, you now know where I'm going so you will come save me if you think I can't protect myself" I say. He gets up and walks up to me. "Look, I didn't mean to make it seem like you can't handle yourself. I'm just simply looking out for your safety. " he takes my hand in his, squeezing it softly. I return the gesture. "I know. I'm just trying to praise your abilities " I smile.

"Hmm. I see... Trying to boost my ego" he pulls at me cheek, I quickly bat his hand away. "I'd be back soon. Don't stay up too late. Get some rest you school deprived rookie " I ruffle his hair. "I'd pretend you didn't just call me that after your attempt at being considerate. Now get your sexy ass outta here before I change my mind" he pushes my out of the room, closing the door afterwards. I smile and shake my head before leaving.

I arrive at Starbucks at exactly 5pm. The street lights are already up since ,for some odd reason, the sky is already dark like as if it's 7:30pm. As soon as I step into the restaurant, I'm welcomed with silent murmurs from people who're discussing with themselves over their meal. 'yummy' by Justin Bieber is playing in the background, my nostrils are also blessed with the restaurant's aroma.

"So you came! " A deep low voice sounds behind me, almost in a whisper. I suddenly feel shivers run down my spine from the way his body brushes behind my back. I cover the feeling up with an emotionless attitude. "Why did you call me here? " I say, ignoring his statement. I don't break eye contact with him once I turn around to face him. However, he breaks eyes contact as his gaze falls on my lips. I take that moment to look at what he's wearing. His hair is slightly tousled although it's been combed to cover one side of his face, giving him that bad boy look. He's wearing a bottom up long sleeve blue grey shirt and black denim jeans along with an expensive looking black Nike converse.

Is it just me or is his lips pinker?!

I clear my head of that evil thought and clear my throat, looking elsewhere when I notice he's now looking into my eyes. I inwardly pray that he didn't notice me checking him out. "Just so you that we can talk?! " he says almost as if it were a question. I raise an eyebrow at him, giving him a questioning look.

I move closer to him, my way of frightening people or looking dangerous, ignoring the brief electricity that ignites from our closeness. My eyes drops to his lips and his equally does. I lick my lower lip to finish the appearance before talking.

"I don't think you called me here to just 'talk'"

A/N: trust me, it's not what you think she means. Maybe.... Maybe not.... Vote, give this book a star please. Follow my Instagram @gigiarako thank you.