Chapter 37

*i put a WARNING on this chapter. Don't read if under 15+*

"ohm... Ben... The doctor will be here shortly to... Check on your arm. " He says, all the while having his gaze fixed on me. I suddenly feel the temperature in the room grow hot.

I quickly bolt, moving two steps per second till I'm out of the room. I'm halfway towards my room when a hand grabs mine. Turning me to face him.

"Aileeta. Can we talk?! We haven't said a thing to each other since last night" he says, looking at me expectantly. I remove my hand from his and hold it to myself.

"I'm not in the mood right now Alex. And I really don't have anything to say to you at the moment. I just want to rest, I'm tired" I say honestly. Wanting to be away from him. I don't know why I suddenly feel uncomfortable being around him.

I give him once last glance before moving to my room before he can say anything else. I shut the door and move to the king sized bed, plopping myself face flat on it. Breathing out for a long time, I lazily turn myself over and snail move upward till I'm laying on my back against the soft pillows, letting sleep take over me.

By the time I wake up, I see that it's already night. Looking up at the Elizabethan clock, I observe that it's almost 10pm.

I guess it's understandable that I slept through the day since I didn't have any sleep last night or this morning.

I yawn, my arms stretching up and over my head before relaxing at my sides. A lot of things feel different in me now. Ever since I got my deserved justice, I feel free now.

No more burdened. I feel normal,  light and happy. Like a missing part of me has been restored. And I'm not even complaining about it.

I pull myself up and move to the bathroom to wash my body that hasn't got its deserved cleanliness since last night's incident and this morning. Humming irregular nothingness, I strip out of my dirty clothes and put them in the washing machine that I thankfully find in this large bathroom.

I move to the large tub and without testing the water's temperature after running the bath, hop into it, letting the cool water penetrate and soak my body, covering up to under my chin.

I stretch out and pick out all of the strawberry scented liquid soaps and pour them into the water, shaking my hand in it to make a soapy and bubbly water.

That's better.

I relax in the water, enjoying the sweet fragrance of the soap as it occupies the atmosphere. I take my time to wash my body and equally wash my dirty hair before using a new clean water to rinse myself.

I step out of the now drained out tub, feeling cleaner than ever and wrap a white fluffy towel tightly around my wet body before moving with padded feet out of the bathroom, noticeable amount of fresh water dripping from my hair and body.

I open up the walk in closer, freezing at what I see inside.

Empty.

Fuck. I didn't think I'd need a change of clothes so I never asked Lauretta. Freak freak, what will I do now? My clothes are still cleaning up in the washing machine and I can't possibly wait till I can dry and wear them again, I'd freeze to death before then.

I sigh, picking up my phone and dialing up the first person that comes to my mind. He picks up on first ring. "Hey? " he asks almost unsurely. Probably wandering why I called instead of just coming to him.

"ohm... I need help asap, can you tell Lauretta to send a maid to bring some spare clothes for me? I don't know the processes here or how things work here but I really need some spare clothes to change OK?! " I say frustratedly, not liking that I couldn't find the right way to put it.