Chapter 10

History class is over and the class is restless. Some students had long gone to their other subject departments whereas I'm sitting down joblessly on my seat because I don't have any subject till after recess and same goes for the few that are in class with me plus Alex and Benedict.

Alex is busy with his famous boyfriends and Bismah is also in their little gathering . I don't think they were saying anything meant to be funny but she just keeps cackling like a witch anytime Alex speaks and keeps circling her hands round his arm. Vicious claws digging into his skin. Clingy much.

Alex's P.O.V

I'm seated with my friends while we discus about who's better at chess.
"There's no way Scottsdale can take me down. He always let's his guard down when we play" Benedict boasts.
"We're almost equal when it comes to chess" I inquire and Benedict shrugs whereas my gf keeps giggling unnecessarily beside me and piercing my skin with her manicured long nails. I think I'm going to go home with a blister and bruises on my biceps. This girl is killing me!

"Well how about we decide the best man now?" Richard pulls out his chess board from his bag and places it on the table and Curtis helps to set the pieces.
"What? Ew, no way, can't we do something else?" Bismah whines, please tell me why i had to date this girl?
"Eherm, as you can see Alex's girlfriend, compared to the multitude of boots here, you're the only girl. We boys like chess and if you don't then you can go hang out with your group?" Scot says in a mock suggestive way. I can see her frown in anger from the corner of my eye.

"Alex, you wouldn't let these losers talk to me like that would you? You're the cousin of the prince of this country, they should respect all that belongs to you" I sigh and inwardly roll my eyes. Of course she'd say that.
"Bismah, I think Scot is right. There's only boys here and we all want to play ches–"
"Yeah" they all chorus in agreement. All my friends hate her because of her attitude. She's the female version of my cousin. Only worse.

She scoffs and storms out if the class, swaying her hips from side to side as she leaves.
"Urgh, thought she'd never leave. I'd rather we're with that one girl than with Bismah" one girl? Which girl is still here with us?I look to where Curtis pointed and see the new girl. Reid.

There's something different about this blonde. She's too confident and brave. Normally, when a new girl comes or a new person in general, they're fragile and scared o us popular guys and girls but she? She doesn't even care whether we're popular or not. She's strange.

I'm knocked out of my daze when Richard hollers her name
"Yo, Reid. Wanna chess with Benedict over here?" I kick him from under the desk
"What? She looks lonely. It's not wrong to make friends is it?" He mutters while rubbing his knee that I kicked
"Girls don't like chess" I scoff.
"She doesnt look like those kinds of girls" he murmurs. Before I could respond she's already seated beside me opposing Benedict. The chess board and pieces are set on the raw in between the two of them.

She doesnt look limit or scared as she makes eye contact with Benedict who's shooting her a displeased glare.
"Sure, why not?"

Aileeta's P.O.V

"Sure, why not?" I still make eye contact with Benedict even though he's shooting daggers into my eyes irritatedly. He's the first to break eye contact as he make the first move on the chess board.
Minutes that seems like hours had gone by and we're still playing. I'm not at all bored but can't say same for Ben who's looking frustrated as hell.

I've eaten four of his puns and one of his castle whereas he's eliminated only two of my puns. He's exposed in all angles. Any wrong move and I have his king.  You may be cunning, but I'm cunning-er.
I have an ace up my sleeves already. Any step he makes will cost his security. 

id get rid of your ace the same way I'd get rid of you.

He moves his pun a step forward to my knight. Unknowing that he's creating a free path for my noble thats vertically targeted at his unguarded king. If he places that pun vertically Infront of my knight he would take out the one thing blocking me from eating his king.

"Are you sure about that move?" I tease. A wicked grin on my face. He wanted to eat my knight so that once I eat his pun, his queen will eat my king. Well that ain't happening Hun. His eyes widen in realisation and he quickly returns his pun from where he picked it.
"We're playing a deadly game, you just don't attack an opponent cus of their small opening. It could be a trap, don't you think? Always think outside the box and don't let your guard down" I advice sarcastically. He narrows his eyes at me.

"Move" I motion to his pieces. He rests his elbow on his thigh and uses his hand to stroke his chin, a scrutinizing look on his face as he stares between me and his pieces. He finally makes up his mind, picking up his castle.
"Check" I beam, smirking smugly. I don't fail to notice the shock in his eyes. He drops it back immediately and pucks up his Queen instead.

"Check" I inquire again. I can see from the corner of my eyes as Alex and his friends stare at me in shock and amazement. He Huff's at me and shuffles in his seat. We've been sitting down for an hour now.
"You're just saying that so that I won't use my ace against you" he snarls frustratingly. I smirk as he picks his Queen and eats my knight that's in front of my king.

"Now. Check" he says smugly. Little does he know that he's opened a way for my noble to eat his king. I purposely left it in the crowd of his pieces, unused, so that he wont notice its existence.
"No..... Check" I turn the tables around and dramatically move my noble to his king. Once I'm next to it, I pause and look at him wickedly before– in slow motion– kicking it off the board and putting my noble on its spot.

"My. Territory. Now" I break dramaticallyand he clenches his jaw agitatedly. Hurts to lose doesn't it? The handsome blonde haired guy whom I now know as Curtis whistles lowly.
"Thought you never lose?" I say mockingly and Scot chuckles but covers it up immediately by coughing fakely and clearing his throat.

"Another round" he growls angrily. The bell rings for recess just in time and I get up and stretch non challantly
"Sorry, no can do. The bell just went. Its time for lunch and I'm hungry from all the minutes of sitting in one position" I shoot him a wicked smile and give Alex one glance before walking out of the room and leaving the famous guys in shock and astonishment.

A/N: This is the longest chapter I've written so far. Comment your opinions and vote please. I also want to give a shoutout to my sister @nikkijavis go read her book and also thank you to
self-destruction- for seeing me through and supporting me and my books