// 095

"You cheated on me.. with Frank?!"

"You cheated on me with Pete," I muttered, looking at the wall in front of me instead of the boy pacing around my room.

"But Frank is one of my best friends!" Mikey threw his hands up as I sighed, pulling my legs up to my chest and wrapping my arms around them. "Yeah, But Pete's worse. He's in a relationship and— Jesus fucking Christ, I know we both said some things that night and we both did some shitty things hat weekend, but did you really just have to do that to Pete and Patrick's relationship?" I quietude, I could practically feel him roll his eyes at me.

"Well— Ugh," Mikey groaned, sitting across from me on my bed.

"Well now what?" His tone was aggressive, exasperated even. He looked like he wanted to slap me across the face, punch me in the stomach, maybe even strangle me to death, but his eyes are scared me the most. They looked sad. Not depressed, pissed, disappointed. Just... sad. No better way to say it. I shifted my eyes back at the wall, unable to stand keeping eye contact with Mikey.

The air hanging between was heavy with silence for about three minutes. I couldn't even look directly at Mikey. But even then, I could feel his glare pierce right through me. And it hurt more than anything I could have ever known. Then I decided to break the silence.

"Maybe we should just break up," I muttered meekly, still not looking at Mikey, "For good."

I chanced a quick glance towards the taller boy that sat across from me. There was a look of some sort of confusing mixture of heartbroken and surprise on his face.

Mikey didn't say anything at first. Waiting for his response was agonizingly slow. Seconds felt like minutes, and minutes felt like hours. Then I didn't want him to speak. I didn't even wanna break up anymore.

But I had to.

But I just wanted to cry and be wrapped in his arms.

"(Y/N)—"

"If you're going to argue, don't." I cut him off. I could already feel the tears threaten to spill down my heated cheeks. I held them back as best I could, which caused physical pain somehow.

"Maybe... maybe it's for the best. I mean, we just got back together, and it's not like we weren't going to be broken up anyways. The only reason we got back together is because I went over you house and you just suggested it on a limb."

"(Y/N)..."

"This is exactly like what happened with Ryan. And I can't stay with you with the constant reminder of..." I made exasperated hand gestures. I didn't want to have to say what was already said, and even then, I don't think I could articulate anything else.

"It hurts, Mikey, it hurts so much," I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

"That's why I have to break up with you."

The air became stagnant again, with only the sound of my quiet sniffling. I saw Mikey reach out to me out of the corner of my eye.

"Don't touch me." I snapped. I let out a small gasp, putting a hand over my mouth.

Mikey's face contorted into a mix of anger and despair. He stood up. "You know what? Fine. Be that way!"
He walked over to the window.

"So–fucking–long!"

"Goodnight Mikey..."

And with that, he slipped out the window.

He was gone.

He was gone.

Suddenly, the tears I had struggled to hold back with all my force spilled out. I grabbed the nearest pillow and sobbed into it until I fell asleep.

——————————————————

I REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL WRITING OF THIS CHAPTER WAS WRITTEN OVER INSTAGRAM DMS WITH MAI AT LIKE TWO AM WHILE CRYING AND LISTENING TO MCR THAT WAS A FUCKING YEAR AGO OH MY GOD H AND I STILL B CRYING AB THIS SCENE