// 116

-
tuesday
-
april 16th 2019
-
7:36 PM / 19:36
-

We were all sitting in Alex's room, scattered in different places. We were watching The End Of The Fucking World on her TV. The only sounds that could be heard were the sounds from the TV. Suddenly, Aiden spoke up, "Do you have Gatorade?"

"Not the blue kind," Alex replied, which resulted in a very disappointed Aiden groaning. He thought for a moment, the silence between everyone returning.

"Do you have the purple kind?" he asked, looking back at Alex. Alex's face contorted into one of great disgust. "Aiden, those are nasty," she shuddered at the thought of that flavor. He simply shrugged at her reaction, "do you have it or not?"

Alex sighed, "Yeah, I do." She got up and walked to the kitchen, Aiden following suit.

I picked up the black remote on Alex's bed and paused the show. It was just me and Frankie now. The room fell into complete silence, with only the sound of Aiden and Alex's voices carrying themselves over into the room. I opened my mouth to speak but then Frankie said something that made my heart stop.

"So I heard that you cheated on your ex."

I stared at him blankly. His voice was steady, and scarily calm. His face was stoic, and looking to me expectantly for an answer.

"Who told you that?" I spluttered.

"Mikey."

I felt anger bubble up inside me. Raging, fiery anger. That jealous little bastard bitch, of course he told Frankie.

"And you believed him?" I asked slowly, trying to not let my anger show. Frankie shrugged.

"Well, based on your reaction, I'm going to assume he wasn't lying."