// 118

-
friday
-
april 19th 2019
-
1:48 PM / 13:48
-
alex + (Y/N)
-

Plexiglass: (Y/N)

(Y/N): what

Plexiglass: WTF

(Y/N): ???

Plexiglass: okay don't act like I don't know what just happened

(Y/N): huh

Plexiglass: don't forget I'm always standing in the hallway ??

(Y/N): ?

(Y/N): OH

Plexiglass: EXPLAIN YOURSELF

(Y/N): I HAVE A POP QUIZ GTG

Plexiglass: YOU WOULDN'T KNOW IF YOU HAD A POP QUIZ YOU S I N N E R

-
5:42 PM / 17:42
-

"Hey, let's go look at the drums," Alex grabbed my wrist and pulled me along to the drum department of guitar center. "But why? I thought you played guitar," I whined as she glanced back at me.

"I can play seven different instruments, and I have really nice guitars and ukuleles and basses and such, but my drum set is shit, so I wanna look for a replacement. And problem with that?"

I rolled my eyes and gave into Alex's needy ways as she ran over to a shiny black drum set. I sighed as I walked over to her, and she sat down on the drum stool and started to play a familiar drum beat that I couldn't quite name for some reason.

This is definitely a White Stripes song though, because it's just that simple.

"Hey, is that The White Stripes?" I asked as Alex nodded before switching to something else, an All American Rejects song.

I chuckled to myself before turning around, beginning to walk away with the objective of finding the bass department.

Once I got to the bass department, I took a shiny red precision bass off of the wall and plugged it into a nearby bass amp with the cord I previously asked an employee for. Before playing the bass, I realized I didn't grab a pick. I mentally sighed as I stood back up and leaned the bass against the amp and walked over to the front of the store to grab one of those shitty red picks they give out for free. Once I had returned, I picked my bass back up and started to play The Sharpest Lives. I might hate Mikey, but the bassline for the bridge of that song slaps.

While in the middle of playing sharpest, I heard a familiar voice say "hey, I know that song!" I looked up to see the infamous Bob Bryar.

"Oh, hey Bob," I awkwardly greeted, covering the strings of the bass with my hand to mute it. "Why are you in the bass department..?" I questioned.

"Oh uh, I was just in the drum department but I saw Alex she told me that you were probably over here, so I came over to say hi," he smiled, rubbing the back of his neck with his right hand.

"Oh, well uh, hi," I returned the smile, looking back down at the bass in my lap with the desire to keep on playing.

"Oh! Uh, by the way," Bob nervously chuckled as I looked back up at him, slightly annoyed by him interrupting my slappin' da bass session for the second time now.