1. L.A

Sophia Blossom

'Take a deep breath.' I said to myself as I saw the city of Los Angeles from the top of the cliff, I'm currently standing on. The sight of the city when bathed in the beautiful light of moon gives me some real chills down my spine.

California has always been a dream place to visit for every teenager in my town and I was no different. The city was vast and absolutely alive even at the stroke of midnight. Well, it's 12:30 at night but the city is absolutely awake.

The reason I'm here is to pursue my dream of becoming an actor.

I'm Sophia Blossom. I come from a small town and am an orphan. My parents died in an accident when I was only 13. Since then I've been living with my Aunt, Stacy Brooks. She never had children even after trying a lot. When my Aunt bought me home with her, Uncle Ben was delighted. He always treated me as a daughter and the fact that now I live with them like their child is something which feels like a dream come true for both them and me.

About myself, I have blonde locks which have brown roots but they are dominantly blonde. I have blue eyes just like my late mother and a height of 5'6 like my father. I have always been into movies and web series ever since childhood. I was 17 when I decided I want to become an actress. Uncle and Aunt were of course happy but also were worried because of the nasty controversies and nepotism in the Industry. It took some time to convince them and eventually they gave in. I took training to become a model and did a course of acting for 2 years. I'm a trained dancer and also am a major in Fashion.

I applied for a job at 'The Fashion Fever' for the post of the Fashion director about two months ago and earlier flied here for the interview. After about 4 days I got a call from the company saying I got the job. My joining is on Monday which is the overmorrow, apparently. I booked a cab to the house which I earlier rented by a website. The furniture is taken care of by the owner itself. The company will provide a driver for me who can drive me around the city. He will be on duty from Monday itself so I need not worry.

I turned towards the view and once again started admiring the beauty of the city.

My phone rang breaking my chain of thoughts. It was Uncle Ben. I picked the call.

> Uncle Ben

"Have you landed in LA?"

> Sophia

"Yes I've landed in LA. I just booked a cab for the house."

> Uncle Ben

"Okay Child. Inform me when you reach. Your Aunt will talk to you tomorrow cause she's asleep right now. Bye, Love you."

> Sophia

"Will do. Bye, I love you too."

I cut the call and just then the cab approached me. I confirmed the address once again with the driver of the cab and then took a seat. He kept my 2 bags in the boot of the car and then took his seat as the driver.

He started driving shortly and I kept my head against the window of the car. The roads weren't too crowded but they weren't even dead silent. I saw huge skyscrapers and magnificent building of the city.

I plugged my earphones in my phone and started listening to some soft music. It just feels the best. I've got a job in my desired field. I'm in the dream city, Los Angeles. I'm going to live here and most importantly I'm going to start my career here. Life couldn't be better than this.

I officially love L.A.

After a drive of 20 minutes I reached my apartment. It was a little far from the airport but it's a distance of only 15 minutes from the office. I took my bags from the driver of the cab and paid him. As he drove away I turned to my new house.

There were 2 envelops in the mailbox with my name on both of them.

I grabbed the first one and opened it to find 2 house keys. Guess this is from Andrea, my landlady. I'll keep one for my regular use and one spare key.

The second envelope had the symbol of 'The Fashion Fever' on it. The envelope contained a welcome letter from the CEO's PA, Erica Winston, and had a gentle reminder of my joining time at the end. I smiled at the gesture and unlocked the doors to open the house to some marvellous home interiors.

 I smiled at the gesture and unlocked the doors to open the house to some marvellous home interiors

The house had dark gray and white as its base coloured theme. It was fully furnished as promised by Andrea. It had white couches with glass tables. It had many designer lights hanging from and attached to the wall. The kitchen was gray too with all the equipment's already installed. It had a small kitchen island with 3 chairs and the floor was all wood. The house had 3 rooms and a garden full of flowers and flower pots.

Although I though 3 rooms was a bit too much, overall, the place was very comfortable and home-y.

I locked the main door,switched off the lights in the living room and walked upstairs. The door of second room to the left side had my name on the door.

~ Sophia ~

I walked in and was awestruck. It was simple and beautiful.

It was white, matching the theme of the house and had white cupboards and closet

It was white, matching the theme of the house and had white cupboards and closet. The bed was fluffy and very comfortable. It contained a tv and a body-length mirror. It also had a small table. The room had photoframes with inspirational quotes as pictures and the bathroom too was white and spacious.

I quickly had a warm shower and changed into my nightwear. I was very tired from the travelling and as soon as my head hit the bed I got way more sleepy than before and with a very happy and satisfied smile on my face, I drifted off to sleep.