22. In My Arms

Alexander Grey

"You ready, Sweetheart?" I asked as I zipped my suitcase close and placed both mine and Soph's suitcase outside our room. It's Sunday which means our Thanksgiving vacation's last day and so today we are heading back to L.A. Sophia's currently in bathroom getting ready.

I sat on the bed revising a pdf file Erica sent me about the Korean Clients. I'm thinking of investing in their local magazine and therefore asked Erica to dig deep about them. I cannot just invest my money in any magazine, you see.

I heard the sound of the bathroom door opening and I looked up to see my gorgeous girlfriend walk out with a pair of denim shorts and a stripped tee on. She had her beautiful hair braided much to my dismay.

"Sweetheart, why don't you let your hair down?" I pouted as I approached her

"Sweetheart, why don't you let your hair down?" I pouted as I approached her. I kept my hand on her waist, kissing her nose playfully. She chuckled at my behaviour and shook her head sideways. "It looks good with my outfit." She kept her hands on my biceps and tiptoed reaching my cheek to place a small kiss there. She is so precious, without even knowing it.

We walked downstairs as Brick and another one of my domestic help, loaded all of our luggage's in the cars. Josh and Violet were already having their breakfast when Soph and I joined them on the table. Abigail served us with some creepers and coffee when Kevin and Jennifer took their seats. We finished our breakfast in peace and then bid Abigail and Brick a goodbye.

We sat in the car and I started driving. This time it was Soph, Kevin, Jennifer and I in one car and Josh and Violet in another. I was driving with Soph sitting next to me. Kevin and Jennifer were naturally in the backseat. I have a mild pain in my shoulder since this morning but despite that I'm driving, the reason being that I have this feeling in my gut that something is going to happen today.

Something bad. Something wrong.

It could be just me, overthinking, but I don't wanna take any kind of risk. Amongst all of us, I'm the most safe when it comes to driving, not to brag about. 10 minutes into the drive, Soph turned the radio on and One Direction's, 'What Makes You Beautiful' started playing. Soph and Jennifer being the hard core 'Directioners', started singing along with the band, instantly.

You're insecure,
Don't know what for.
You're turning heads when you walk through the door...
Don't need make up to cover up,
Being the way that you are is enough...

Seeing Soph, so carefree and enjoying herself, my mind was somewhat at rest. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully nothing bad will happen after all. As I heard the song, I started relating the lyrics to Soph. I think the song perfectly describes a lover's feeling towards the person they love. It's so fitting, really.

Soph and Jennifer singing the song and doing some little dance, instantly brightened the whole atmosphere of the car. Kevin pulled out his phone and started recording them and clicking some pictures. Memories are important.

I smiled looking at Soph. It's dangerous how much I have come up to love this woman in the past few months. I am completely, utterly and hopelessly in love with my girlfriend and it's the most overwhelming feeling ever. I think a part of me knew she was the one, since the moment I set my eyes on her. Those pretty big blue eyes, the brond hair, and finally that damned smile. Honestly, I'm so lucky she's with me. She can get any goddamn man she wants but here she is, in a relationship with me and making me feel I'm the most luckiest person alive, every single day.

.

.

.

.

(You know the drill. Name these dots here and I might use it later on in the story. 😉)

I was currently standing in front of the counter of a cozy restaurant we stopped at, for our late lunch. It was my treat because my signed the deal with the Korean Clients I was reading about this morning. In fact, the head of the project is even flying down to L.A, in a couple of days to officially sign the documents. I got my credit card back from the man at the counter and I turned to bump into Aria Black standing there with her fake assets and her face full of botox. It's not like me to think such things about a woman, but it's just that when we broke off she was a natural person. I guess she did that to herself after marrying that rich hotel manager.

"Hey baby." She said forcefully pulling me into a hug. Eww. 'Baby'? What the hell, woman? Aren't you married. I thought as I internally rolled my eyes.

"Alex, I..." I heard Soph say as she stood next to me but stopped abruptly upon seeing Aria and her hand on my shoulder. She very slyly took my arm and placed it on her waist and stood close to me. I tightened my grip on her and pulled her into me. "Aria, meet my girlfriend, Sophia Blossom." I said as I kissed Soph's head. "Sweetheart, this is Aria. An old acquaintance." I said cutting it short.

"I didn't realise you had a girlfriend." Aria said and before I could answer, Soph cut me to it. "We didn't realise we had to announce our relationship to a complete stranger. Clearly, you aren't important to either of us." A laugh escaped my lips on this. She sure was possessive and I love this side of her. I smirked looking down at my girlfriend in my arms. It just feels good to know you have a better partner to you now, than a cheating, lying and greedy ex. Aria's face was red in anger and she walked away.

I turned to Soph and raised an eyebrow towards her. "What?" She questioned and shrugged her shoulders. "You were jealous." I stated with a playful smirk. " I wasn't." She said and tried to dismiss the topic as she took a step to walk away but I held her close to me, not wanting her to go.

"I just don't like how she was touching you. I'm not jealous or anything. It's just that you 'belong to me' as you said when we were in Paris, and I just happen to be selfish with what's mine." She said huffing in end. I laughed at her a little and kissed her forehead. She pulled me down to place a kiss on my lips but before I could process anything, a gunshot was heard and Soph fell unconscious in my arms.