12. Girls' Night

Sophia Blossom

"Sure, because you praising French cuisine is more important than my date with your twin brother." A very frustrated Violet, sarcastically said.

"Okay, Sorry. Go on." Jen said putting her hands up in the air.

We returned to L.A yesterday at around 10 p.m and currently are sitting in our living room enjoying a girls' night. I and Jen slept during our flight back here and naturally were wide awake right now and today being Sunday, Violet didn't mind staying up late. At around 1 a.m, we finished watching The Fault in Our Stars and then started, The Kissing Booth but after sometime, Violet slowly dropped the bomb. Josh asked her out on a date. I rolled my eyes at the timing. Just when Elle got the approval of Lee, about dating Noah and was going to surprise him. I mean, could've said it after a little while.

Anyways, we switched off the tv and turned towards Violet, keeping our tubs of ice cream aside. My poor Caramel Fudge. I internally pouted. The whole conversation, if you could call it one, was all a miserable mixture of Jen praising our trip to France, French cuisine and Kevin, of course. On the other hand, Violet wasn't clear in describing her date with Josh. It wasn't as much of a surprise to Jen or I because we knew this would happen, sooner or later. If I define their 'thing' in classic Phoebe Buffay style, they're each other's lobsters.

"So, it was Friday, I think, when I was cleaning my room and someone suddenly presented a bouquet of flowers in my line of sight. I turned to see your brother, standing there with a wide smile on his face. He presented me with this dress, beautiful red, crystals attached in the upper half area and flow-y from the waist, all the way down to my ankles. Oh God Sophia, you would've loved the dress," She said and turned towards me with a smile. I nodded my head and returned her smile, as she continued, "And then he took me to the beach. It was very less populated considering it was 9 in the morning. We had our brunch by this sea facing restaurant and the food was delicious. We all should definitely go there more often. Then he bought me to this game station which I wasn't sure about at first but turns out I am really good at that FIFA gaming console. I beat his ass three times in a row and then we left the place at about 3. Then, he took me for some shopping followed by a movie and a late dinner. We headed to his home for the night and you know the rest." She finished with a small blush forming on her cheeks.

"Yuck, he's my brother Violet. I definitely don't need to know your sexual activities with him." Jen said making a disgusted face, earning an eye roll from Violet and I chuckled lightly at my best friends' behaviour.

"So Soph, you and Alex, huh?" Jen said nudging my shoulder. I smiled and nodded my head.

"Why don't you tell Violet about your date?" Jen said and I sighed but nevertheless spilled the beans.

"So this happened on our fifth day there. Alex showed up late at my hotel room and demanded me to get ready for our date. He first took me to his friend Charles' restaurant for a dinner at around midnight and then we went to an empty park at around 1. We had a good chat there and then he took me to the Eiffel Tower, presented me with a promise bracelet and asked me to be his official girlfriend." I casually said cutting the pickup lines' battle and the menu of the dinner out.

"Aww, that's so cute. You had a midnight date, just how you like it." Violet gushed over our first date and I smiled widely.

"Also, highlight of the whole thing, Alexander never knew that Soph had always wanted to go on a midnight date. He just surprised her." Jen said and Violet looked at me with adoration filling her hazel eyes. I tried fighting the blush that appeared on my cheeks but failed miserably.

"What about you Jen? Even I don't know about your date." I said and she shook her head sideways vigorously with her eyes widened.

"Come on, it's only fair. I and Soph shared our dates and now it's your turn." Violet said and I nodded my head in agreement.

"Don't say I didn't warn you," Jen said and huffed. "Our date started as a normal dinner date with us having a conversation and passing comments on the hotel's ambience and food. Then he escorted me to his room and after that," she drew in a long breadth and stared at particularly nothing as if contemplating what to say next. "To put it in good words, he first used chocolate followed by some ice and then both of them combined." At this Violet started laughing and I shook my head sideways with a smile on my face.

"Who knew, Kevin Grey was such an animal in bed. Wait, everyone did. Why am I even surprised." Violet said and this time I ended up laughing. "This was the reason why you didn't show up at the dinner party the other day with Stella's." I said and Jen nodded her head slyly.

"Wait, what happened?" Violet asked in confusion and I continued. "After my shoot with Stella's, we were suppose to attend a party hosted by Mrs. Stone, which was more like a brunch but whatever. Jen called me and said she tripped on her heels while getting ready and has sprained her ankle and has cuts on her elbow due to falling down, so she couldn't attend the party. Kevin then said he was staying with Jen to take care of her and missed the party too. My dumbass even got her some bandages and pain relief spray once the brunch/party was over. Damn, I feel stupid now." I said and Jen gave me the puppy dog eyes muttering a small, "Sorry." I smiled at her and she returned it.

"This means we are all officially off the market, ladies." Jen said and I and Violet said a said 'yes' together.

"Cheers to a new start and not to forget, our respective boyfriends." I said raising my glass of wine and clicked it with Jen and Violet's.

After that we had some small talk all the while cleaning the living room and the dishes. It was about 2 when we decided to go to bed. Jen was staying in my room tonight and so after we freshened up, we all called it a night.

I slept with smile on my face. I definitely missed our girls' night.