35. Classes

Sophia Blossom-Grey

"Soph, sweetie, are you awake?" I heard my Aunt Stacy's voice from the other side of the door.

You guessed it. I am at my Uncle and Aunt's place. This is the only place where I thought I'll get some relief. I was correct indeed. It was good to see them both after such a long time. The last we met was at my wedding which was roughly 4 months ago.

I spilt everything to the both of them. The moment aunt engulfed me in her arms, I knew I couldn't hide anything from them. Tears spilled from my eyes unknowingly and I ended up telling them everything. Both of them were incredibly sad for Alex and I. They really wished I had stayed with him and found a way out of all of this but at the same time they also do recognise that what I did was for the betterment of both of us.

"Yes," I softly answered. It was so difficult to sleep last night. I was so habituate of being in the arms of Alex that it started feeling very lonely. When I closed my eyes, his face flashed across and before I knew it, tears once again pricked the back of my eyelids.

After I cried myself to sleep last night, I was awake this morning with a hoarse throat and my eyes were puffed a bit. I was still in my bed of my old bedroom, curled inside my warm blanket, in a fetes position. Even though it was some-what hot outside, I was feeling too lazy to get out of the bed.

"May I enter, honey?" Aunt softly asked and I gave her the permission to.

She entered my room with a tray in her hands. She walked up to my bed and placed it on my bedside. It contained some chocolate chip cookies and a glass of cold milk. She sat on the side of my bed. She loving stroked my hairs and I brought myself to sit on the bed with my legs crossed.

"How are you feeling, Soph?" She questioned in a soft voice.

"I just... I miss him, aunt." I said and hugged her. Needless to say, she's the mother I never had. She has always been there for me. I remember how she clutched me into her arms at my parents' funeral. She sat with me until I was ready to leave the funeral ground. She took me home and listened to all of my senseless rant throughout the time I was coping up with their death.

"I know, honey. I understand what you're going through. I just wish I could do something for you." She said and ran her arms on my back, trying to make me stop crying. After a moment passed, I pulled away from her and wiped off the stray tears from my face.

"How about you take a shower and afterwards have your cookies until then I can make your bed, hmm?" She asked and I nodded my head with a small smile at the ends of my lips.

I went into the bathroom, stripped and stood under the shower. I relaxed under the hot water and stood there for a solid minute. Gathering some shampoo in my hands, I lathered my hair with it and massages my scalp. Washing it off, I then applied a generous amount of conditioner on my hair, left it on for a couple of minutes and rinsed it off. I then worked on my body with soap. I stepped out after washing off the soap and wrapped a towel around me.

The whole bathroom smelled like my shampoo and I involuntarily inhaled it deeply. I looked at myself in the mirror and starred at my reflection. I have horrible bags and my face looks pale. I was incredibly hungry too because I skipped yesterday's dinner. I shook off my thoughts, grabbed my toothbrush and brushed my teeth. After that I opened the bathroom cabinet and fetched out the pink bottle. I applied the moisturiser I use daily, all over my body.

I have a mini closet attached to my bathroom where I usually keep some of my clothes. I was feeling a little week since I had my period yesterday morning and cramps have been killing me. I wasn't in the mood to dress up either so simply wore a pair of blue faded jeans and a long sleeved blue top. I picked up my hair dryer and started blow drying my hair.

My mind once again wondered off to Alex. Was he safe? Did his private investigator find out who threatened us? Did he continue going to office after I left? Does he still have the bodyguards with him?

Thousands of questions swam in my mind as I mindlessly continued drying my hair. After I was done, I tied my hair up in a bun and walked out of my bathroom.

True to her words, Aunt had made my bed and also cleaned in here a little bit. She passed me a smile and I tried returning one to her. Keyword, tried.

"Your uncle is waiting for you in garden downstairs. Do you want to have your breakfast with him, there?" Aunt asked looking at the plate of cookies and the glass of milk she earlier bought with her.

"Sure. I think I could use some fresh air," I said and we both exited my room together. As we reached the garden, I saw uncle sitting on the table we have by the shade of the tree, sipping his morning coffee.

"How are you feeling, my child?" He asked as aunt and I took a seat beside him.

"Better, I guess," I replied and gave him a small smile.

"I was thinking you'd like to do something to take your mind off everything that's going on so I asked a friend of mine to teach you piano. I know, I should've asked you first before having a talk with him but when I unexpectedly ran into him the other day, I couldn't resist," Uncle said.

"It's okay uncle. I've meaning to learn it for quite a long time. Thank you." I said and he smiled at me.

Hopefully the piano classes will take my mind off Alex for some time.