24. Home

Alexander Grey

"Who are you?"

What the fuck! It's very unlike me to use profanities but hearing what Soph just said, that what the first thing that came to my mind. I stared at her with horrified expressions. All the blood is drained from my face and I couldn't wrap my eBay around what just happened.

"Not you, Alex. Turn around." She said and I let out a breath of relief. I did as she said and turned around. There was a little boy standing there with a chocolate in his hand. He looked at me and started laughing.

"You spilt your drink on your shirt. Look, my shirt is whiter than yours." He completed and started laughing. If this isn't the cutest thing I've ever heard. He mistook Soph's dried blood on my shirt for a drink. I chuckled and picked him up.

I walked towards Soph and sat next to her and placed the boy in my lap. "How are you feeling?" I asked Soph as I handed her a glass of water and kissed her forehead. "I'm fine."

"What's your name?" Soph asked the boy and he replied saying, "Alexander." Soph looked at me and then at him again. "Hey, I'm Alexander too." I said and he smiled.

He turned to Soph, "Which Alexander is more pretty? Me or your husband?" He said and I smiled cheekily at Soph waiting for her reply. "Firstly, he isn't my husband and secondly, you definitely are more pretty." She said and little Alexander in my arms, kissed Soph on the cheek. He giggled and jumped out of my lap and ran away.

I fake glared at Soph and she chuckled. "Well, I love you more." She said without realising what she had just said. She stopped for a second and bit her bottom lip. She slowly looked up into my eyes to see my reaction. "I don't mean to scare you away. I really do love you. Don't say it back to me right now and take your time. Just don't leave me." She nervously said and I let out a sigh.

I got up and sat on the bed next to her. I kissed her forehead and said, "I just want to tell you, I love you too, Sweetheart. I think I always have. Even before we started dating, even before we met. It was always you, since the day I was born. It just took me these years to find you."

I lowered my head to kiss her. The sound of a throat clearing, made us pull away. I spotted Ben and Stacy standing near the door. Right, of course, the door was open.

I stood up from the bed as the couple walked towards Soph. Stacy kissed Soph's head while Ben took her hands in his. "We were so worried when Violet called us earlier. How are you feeling, my child?" Ben asked. I excused myself to talk with the doctor about her discharge.

Apparently, I can take her home tonight. I took care of other formalities and made a few calls. After some good 40 minutes, I walked back to Soph's room. Everyone was done meeting her and so she was laying on her bed, watching some T.V.

She saw me coming and immediately turned it off. "Hey, Alex, I was thinking..." Before she could say anything I crashed my lips on hers. She was in my arms. Alive and Safe. I smiled in the kiss and so did she. We pulled away after a minute due to lack of breath.

"Wow. Umm... What happened?" She asked as we pulled away. I cupped her cheek and stared into her beautiful blue eyes for some more time. They had gray speckles in them and they shone brightly whenever she smiles. "I just wanted to make sure you are alright." She smiled at me and nodded.

"I wanted to tell you more like, inform you about two things. Firstly, I've appointed some bodyguards for you. Don't worry, they're not Dwayne-Johnson's-first-copy types. I'll introduce you to them later today. And secondly, I know you're gonna be pissed but I've ordered some of my staff to shift your belongings to my house. Basically, you're moving in with me. This way I can ensure your safety 24/7 and moreover it'll be easy for the guards and the drivers this way too."

I saw Soph draw in a long breadth. She thought for a minute or two and then nodded her head understanding the importance of the deed. She smiled at me and I kissed her head lovingly. I'm so glad she understood and agreed. A part of me is so relieved to know I can have her near me at all times. I'll protect her with my life.

I walked out of her room and got the discharge formalities done. I called Mason, the head of the team of guards I've hired for Soph, who immediately stood in front of me, nodding his head to me in respect. He was a young man, maybe in his early 30s with tattoos on both his arms and buzz cut hair. He was tall and heavily built. There were 2 other people waiting at my house to be introduced to Soph.

"Alex," I heard my Queen's soft voice and turned to face her. She was standing there with a simple pair of jeans and a pink tank top. Jennifer earlier got her a change of clothes. I pulled her to me by her waist and faced Mason once again.

"Sweetheart, this is Mason, your bodyguard. He and his team will protect you at all cost. Although, I have appointed a female guard for you, who'll be with you at all times and there's another man too, both waiting at our home to meet you." I didn't realise I addressed my mansion as 'our home', but it felt good, beyond words.

"Mason, this is Sophia Blossom, as you know." I said, my eyes now on Mason.

"Ma'am." Mason nodded his head once again, at Soph. She gave him a small smile and I said, "Mason, please wait for us in the car, we'll be out in a minute." He nodded his head and walked away. I looked down at Soph in my arms and she looked lost in her thoughts. I squeeze her waist a little, careful as to not hurt her, and she looked at me, flashing a smile. I returned her with one of mine.

"Let's go home, love." I said and kissed her forehead.