41. Without You

Sophia Blossom-Grey

"Not so fast bitch," Came a strong female voice and before we know, the woman's on the floor.

A woman from the gang barged inside the room, breaking the window and kicked the woman by Alex from behind, knocking her on the floor. I rushed to Alex and made him sit on the chair kept in the corner of the room. Alex looked like he was about to fall unconscious. I tried patting his cheeks lightly simultaneously calling his name but nothing made him open his eyes.

I turned around to ask for help when I saw the three women, tying the kidnapper to another wooden chair. She was screaming and kicking her legs making it difficult for the gang members. Kev stuffed a handkerchief in her mouth when her hands were being tied to the chair. Another man came in the room with more rope and tied her legs too.

"Does anyone have some water?" I asked and a man nodded his head. "I have some in the car, Mrs. Grey. I'll get it right away." He said and ran out of the room. In a minute he came back with a bottle of water and handed it to me. Kev kneeled next to me, in front of Alex. I took some water in my hands and poured some in Kev's too. We sprinkled some water on Alex's face and soon he stirred, getting his consciousness back.

It took him a minute to regain his conscious fully and now he was absolutely awake. He shakily sat sort of erect on the chair and cleared his throat. He couldn't speak maybe due to his soar throat. I poured some water into his mouth and he quickly gulped it.

"You guys came," He said and I hugged him the next moment. He wrapped his hand around me and kissed my temple, caressing my back. "I missed you too, Sweetheart,". We whispered into my ears. A smile grazed my lips.

"Guys, sorry to break your moment but we have kidnappers to inquire." Kev said and I got up from my earlier position and so did Alex. The brothers gave each other a manly hug and patted each other's back with smiles on their faces.

We then walked outside the room and saw both the kidnappers, tied to their individual chair. We walked in front of them and the man standing behind the kidnapper man, pulled his mask off his face. I came across the pair of blue-gray eyes.

"André Armel?" I asked in disbelief and he nodded his head.

"And who's she?" Kev asked, nodding his head towards the kidnapper woman.

"She'll be Summer Lewis." Alex said and I turned to her observing her.

"The one from your story. The one who broke your and André's friendship?" I asked still a little shocked from discovering it was her. She really came back in Alex's life just to take revenge.

"Wow!" I exclaimed and she rolled her eyes mumbling something which came out unclear due to the handkerchief stuffed in her face. Kev pulled it out of her mouth so that she can speak.

"Why did you do all this?" I asked to the both of them, coming straight to the question swirling in everyone's minds.

"I'd always been jealous of Alex. Of his looks, of his money, of his charm. Everything. When Summer agreed to go out with me I was ecstatic but it crushed me to see them in that position that day. From that day, I decided I'd have everything Alex has and more. I changed my city and started my business. I worked hard for it and bought it to this level. It was then when I started feeling I had everything Alex had. When I came to know I'd meet him at the dinner at Mr. Smith's restaurant that day, I though I'd prove it to him that I'm the superior one now. But no. The son of a bitch showed up with you. At first I though it was just a partner or something but then I discovered you're his wife. Rage filled me once again. Alexander had sure hit a jackpot with you. I was planning ways of revenge when I ran into Summer here," André said and then Summer started explaining her side of the story.

"When I came to know what great of a businessman Alexander has become I wanted nothing more than to get together with him so that he could spend his money on me and buy me expensive things. When I ran into André we planned on threatening you so that she'd divorce Alexander. Later on, I would get to stay with Alexander and André would get you. We even kidnapped Alexander to make it all look real. As if a dangerous person was behind your lives. It was simple but then your little friend Evan Stalin threaten my support and the stupid gang leader backed off. Then the next thing I know, Sophia's in here with these men to rescue you." She said and scoffed at us.

"Mrs. Grey, do you want us to take them with us or hand them over to the police?" A man asked me and I went with the latter.

"Okay. We'll make sure they rot in prison and we'll contact your uncle, Mr. Brooks, in case we need help." The man said and slowly left with André and Summer with them.

"So brother, how are you feeling?" Kev asked looking at Alex.

"I've been better," He said shrugging his shoulders. Kev's mobile dinged and he smiled looking at the message.

"Now, come on. Everyone's waiting for you back at your house," He said keeping a hand on his shoulder.

"You can call it my 'home' now, Kevin," Alex said and I furrowed my brows.

"Now?" I asked.

"Since you left, I had stopped calling the place home," Alex replied. "Why?" Came my another question.

"Because there is no home without you." He said and kissed me after what felt like ages.