18. Luck

Sophia Blossom

"A little to your right, Sophia. I wanna have a click of your profile too." Martin, the head of the shoot said and I complied nodding my head silently.

"And done. Thank you guys, it's a wrap for today's shoot." Dan, the photographer said after clicking a few pictures of mine from my left. It's been almost a week since Alex is in Boston. Even though we've been in touch through texts and calls, I still miss him and to top it all off, he hasn't been responding to my calls since yesterday night. He must be stuck in continuous meetings. But Someone did delivered me a bouquet of sunflowers this morning to my house with a note attached to it.

I don't need to be there physically. You know I'm always with you, Sweetheart.
- A.G.

Today's the day of my very first ramp walk. I had a last moment photo shoot this morning and luckily Versatility, the brand I'm walking the ramp for, has the show in the evening. It's going to be hectic and tiring no doubt but then, I'm willing to do anything to make my career. I got up super early today to do my pre-shoot rituals like stretching, drinking some juice/coffee and pose practice so as to finish up the shoot as quickly as possible.

The theme of this photo shoot was a college girl, attending a cultural fest. The artists tried giving me a more younger look with the makeup and I had a lot of temporary colour in my hair. My natural hair are brond, i.e., brown at the roots and blond towards the end but the spray changed it completely. They even put a lot of voluminous sprays to set my hair which ended up making them look more thick. I had on a small red frock with soft u-neck cut which ended just above my knees. For the accessory, I was wearing a small rose neck piece and matching earrings.

The photos were looking too good and the first thing I did was to send some of them for Alex to see

The photos were looking too good and the first thing I did was to send some of them for Alex to see. I was in fact, looking much younger than my age which was all due to the makeup. Martin congratulated me and the whole team of the shoot and even treated us to lunch. We all went to a fancy restaurant downtown and enjoyed some Italian deliciousness. After Jen and I were down with our lunch, we called Sam to pick us up and he took us to the place where the Versatility show was going to take place in an hour.

As soon as we reached, I spotted Emma Jordan and she immediately pulled me into a hug. I smiled pulling away saying, "Thank you so much Emma for finding me fit for this opportunity. You have no idea how grateful I am." She playfully rolled her eyes saying, "Oh come on Sophia. You know you deserve it. Moreover, stop being so professional with me. You're Alex's girlfriend which naturally makes you my friend too. Now, come on go and start with your makeup." She pointed towards the makeup booth with my name on the name plate neatly placed on it. Surprisingly, Roselyn was there ready for me.

I looked towards Jen and she winked at me. "Just to make you more comfortable, I requested the makeup incharge to let you have Roselyn do your makeup." I pulled Jen into a big bear hug after hearing that. "You're the best, you know that?" I asked on which she cheekily replied, "Always." I then greeted Roselyn and she quickly started with my makeup.

As Roselyn was doing my makeup, I looked around. There were at least 25 more ladies present in the hall. All of them were seated on makeup tables identical to mine. Some were getting their makeup done like me and some were getting their hair done. There were people who were walking around the hall inspecting while others were providing the models with different things they need. During the makeup session, I met with Matthew Sanderson. I talked to him for about five minutes and can tell he was a little egotistic. Although he was professional and welcoming, he sure had some arrogance in him. But in all honesty, at the age of 35 he has achieve so much, that that ego of his just looks attractive on him. After about 30 to 35 minutes, I was done with my hair and makeup. I was given my outfit and I walked towards the changing room, which was a little away from where the others currently were. Given, I arrived later when compared to other models, I was alone here. I slipped my dress and walked out. It was white full sleeved gown with a dark blue cloth tied around the waist. I was also given a small lunch box bag to carry it with and a pair of classic black pumps completed my look.

 I was also given a small lunch box bag to carry it with and a pair of classic black pumps completed my look

"Hey Jen, can you please try and ring Alex once. I need to at least talk to him before I walk the ramp." I said as I was trying ringing him up myself but failed. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to received a big surprise. There he was, standing with his hands in his pockets with a smile grazing his face making his eyes twinkle. He was wearing a dark green suit with a light blue shirt and a gray tie complimenting his suit perfectly. It was a peculiar combination of colours but he pulled the look off effortlessly.

 It was a peculiar combination of colours but he pulled the look off effortlessly

"Hello, love." He said with a smirk and I slapped his shoulder lightly saying, "You, Alexander Grey, are not allowed to pull any such stunt in the future, even though it's to surprise me." With that I launched myself in his arms and smiled as if I have won absolutely everything I desire. "Well, I missed you too." He said making me laugh. He pulled away, still keeping me in his arms and placed a small kiss on my lips so as to not spoil my makeup.

"Aww. Aren't you both absolute goals." Emma said standing a couple steps behind us with Jen by her side. "I wouldn't disagree." Alex being his playful self, replied on which Jen and I chuckled.

"Now, come on Sophia, the show's about to start." Emma said and I nodded. I turned towards Alex and smiled at him. He kissed my hair and whispered, "Just a second." He then walked away for a minute and returned with a bouquet of fresh lilies this time, in his hands. He handed them to me and I looked up at him saying, "But I already received the sunflowers this morning." He smiled and replied, "But I wasn't the one to bring them to you, so why not. All the best, Sweetheart." He said and I shook my head sideways and said,

"You're all the luck I need."