7. Ready?

Alexander Grey

Happy.

That's what I am.

Not only for Sophia but also for the fact that I can somehow help her with her debut. She absolutely deserves it.

I've grown to like her so much in this little time that I've know her. People in this industry are very fake. Lying about nasty mergers, transformed body, dirty hookups, their background and family even. It gets suffocating with time.

It's different when it comes to Sophia. She is like sunshine mixed with fresh air. Her realness is a remedy in itself. So pure, so true. She is soft and fragile, daring and strong, gentle and sweet, furious and strong headed, all at the same time. It's like I can't get enough of her. It's still very early to talk about love or even a relationship between us but what we have right now is something I hold dear. I won't trade her even for the world.

I heard two soft knocks on my office door and I answered with a smile, knowing it's Sophia.

"How do I look?" Was the first thing she asked as soon as she entered my cabin.

I took a quick sip of my coffee and stood up from my seat

I took a quick sip of my coffee and stood up from my seat. I buttoned my blazer and walked towards her with my eyes eyeing her from head to toe. Breathtaking would be the correct word to define her.

She had a jumpsuit on. The top was white with big flower like patterns and plain black pants but the best thing about it was a red long piece of cloth tied around her waist, both breaking the top and the bottom plus bring out her figure more. She had her straight hair down and with natural makeup and just a red pout, she looked like a star already. She made my mouth go completely dry when she entered my office.

But I'm gonna play with her a little first before easing her tension. I encircled her and once I stood in front of her again, I raked my eyes up and down assessing her painfully slow.

"Hmm.." I said with my eyebrows touching and upon seeing my expression, she pouted and shrugged her shoulders. I get it she's nervous. Today the head of Stella's, Margot Stone and the head photographer, Marco Louis are coming here to meet up with her.

"What do you think about your look?" I questioned her instead of answering first.

"I thought the colours blend in together real nice and the style suites me plus the dress looks professional as well as posh. But now the thoughts in my mind are, 'am I looking that bad?', 'isn't this professional enough?'," She answered as disappointment filled her pretty blue eyes.

"You knocked the air out of my lungs upon entering the cabin. I'd be lying if I said you don't look breathtaking, Sweetheart." I said, cupping her face and a smile immediately grazed her features.

"Really?" She asked once again with the disappointment fading in her voice and I nodded.

"Alex, you scared me there for a moment." She said lightly slapping my shoulder.

"Ouch, you hurt me, Sweetheart." I dramatically said with a pout, rubbing my arm where she hit me earning an eye roll from her.

"Oh God. Come on Alex. We should be there before Mrs. Stone reaches otherwise it'll look unprofessional." She said as she took my right wrist, registering the time on my watch.

She naturally hooked her arm with mine as we walked towards Wing 'B'. The connection and the feel between us is so naturally that it doesn't even feel weird thinking about how we behave. Both of us are fully aware how unprofessional and 'unoffice-like' it is but as long as we are comfortable with each other, it doesn't even matter to say the least.

We shortly reached Wing 'B' and we sat in my office there. Yes, I have an office in all the three wings. But I'm mostly found in Wing 'A' obviously. Erica, my assistant, shortly bought two cups of iced lemonade for Sophia and I. It was scorching hot today being an afternoon of August.

(A/N : The hot months vary from place to place as you all may know. Just keep in mind, they live in LA, California. Hot months there are July, August and September primarily. August being the hottest among them. Alexander wasn't exaggerating when he said 'it was scorching hot'.)

Sophia was pacing around the room and I understand it's very natural that she's nervous but what she doesn't know is that Margot already likes her a lot and speaking from my personal experience, she is not really here to meet or examine her, she is coming here to finalise her as the lead model.

I handed her the glass of lemonade and she placed it on the table after taking a very tiny sip of it. I sighed at her action and picked up her glass shaking my head slightly.

I pulled her to my chest with my left hand on her waist. A small gasp escaped from her mouth. "Alex, what are you doing? If anyone sees us, they'll gossip untrue things about us." She tried pulling away but I just tightened my grip on her.

"Relax, Sweetheart. No one comes in without earning a 'yes' from me and the glasses are such, no one can see what's happening inside unless I change the settings of it." I said and she relaxed a little bit.

I had the glasses built that way because I like to check on my staff from time to time. They'll obliviously behave good when they know they're being watched but when they aren't aware is when I can keep an eye on them and know what they're truly up to. I'm not a creep, just for the record.

"Here, have this." I bought the glass with the cold lemonade to her mouth and made her drink the beverage. Amusement filled her eyes as she tasted the liquid. No one and I repeat no one can make a lemonade as good as Erica does. It's seriously the best.

"It's too good. Thank you, Alex." Sophia said as I kept the empty glass on the table and now wrapped my right arm too around her.

"Anything for you, Sweetheart." I said and she smiled.

A knock was heard in the door. Sophia got out of my hold, to my dismay and I answered with a 'yes'.

Erica opened the door and said , "Sir, Mrs. Stone and Mr. Louis are here."

"We're coming." I said and extended my hand towards Sophia.

"Ready?" I asked her. She placed her soft and delicate hand on mine and nodded smiling.