28. Eager

Sophia Blossom-Grey

"André Armel." I heard Alex's stern voice as we came face to face with this man. He was fairly tall, the same height as Alex. He had golden brown hair and blue-grey eyes. He was in an expensive suit just like every man present in the room and had held a martini in his hand. He smirked at Alex and turned his eyes towards me. I wasn't getting a good vibe from him so I didn't say anything.

"And you must be Sophia Blossom, his wife." Before I could reply, Alex cut me to it. It's strange because he always let's me answer for myself but today he chose not to. I didn't object because he must have had his reasons for doing so.

"Sophia Grey, actually." He said emphasising 'Grey'. "And, she's also a model and an actor, not just my wife." It's true. I've officially signed my first acting contract in an upcoming Netflix movie, in a pivotal but small role.

I was over the top when I got the confirmation call. My role is going to be of a girl who is isolated most of the time but she plays a key role in making the leads realise the intensity of their feelings towards each other. The movie's tentatively titled, 'The Butterfly Effect'.

"I see. Interesting." André said, with a dark, humourless chuckle.

After that no words were exchanged between any of us. Mr. Smith then called us to take our seats as the dinner was about to begin. Shortly we sat down to dinner. André kept making glances at us and Alex glared at him every time he'll look at me. The tension between them could be easily felt by me and the date André had bought with him. She was a rather timid girl with honey blonde hair and dark eyes. She had a innocent looking face and was quite by nature from what I observed. She smiled at me from across the table sensing the awkwardness, and I did the same.

After the dinner was over, the desserts were served. It consisted of some chocolate mousse, a kiwi lime pie, coconut chocolate balls, and lastly some pineapple pastries. I didn't want to have any desserts considering I already had a calorie-heavy dinner so I excused myself to the bathroom.

I lightly retouched my lipstick and added a little amount of compact power on my face. After freshening up, I walked out of the bathroom to spot André. He was standing by the wall with his one leg crossed on another and hands folded to his chest.

Seeing me, he pushed himself off the wall and started walking towards me. He eyed me from top to bottom but not with lust or anything. More like a competitor's stare. I gave him a confused look as I cocked my left eyebrow up. He smirked and stood right in front of me.

"From the looks of it, Alexander sure hit a jackpot. Tell me, what did the liar said to you in order to marry you, huh? Wait a minute, don't tell me he forced you into one. That would be a shame." He said, scrunching his nose in disgust.

"I don't know what the deal between you two is, but I would really appreciate it if you don't talk ill about my husband, especially in front of me." I said and tried walking away but he blocked my way.

"Not so soon, Buttercup." He said as I mentally cringed at the name.

"What the hell do you want? I saw how you were eyeing Alex the whole night, with malice and revenge filled eyes. What is your problem with him?" I questioned as I fold my hands on my chest.

"I would gladly fill you in myself as I know your husband wouldn't tell you the whole truth. But then again, if I tell you, you wouldn't believe me. So I suggest, ask that good-for-nothing husband of yours about us. Now, before he actually kills me which I think he might've already done in his mind, I'll take your leave, Madame." I saw Alex glaring at him. He must have seen him from the mirrored wall behind me. He bowed before me, as if mocking me and left the corridor then after. I saw Alex walking towards me with anger filled eyes.

"What the hell was he talking to you about? Did he hurt you?" He asked as he pulled me towards him with his fingers wrapped around my forearm. He was fuming with anger right now. Why on God's green earth is he mad at me? What have I done?

"He didn't, you are." I said as he became aware of his grip on my arm and quickly released it, muttering a small 'sorry'. He glared towards the way he just left. He looked like he was thinking something. He had his eyebrows furrowed with a frown marrying his face. I cupped his face in my hands and made him look me in the eye.

"What's wrong? Why are you both so hostile towards each other? I wanna know, Alex." I said softly and he closed his eyes, drawing in a silence breath. He let out a sigh and nodded saying, "Not here. I'll tell you all about it at home. For now, let's just leave." He said and kissed my forehead. He took my hand in his and intertwined our hands. He bought my left hand up to his lips and placed a delicate kiss on my wedding ring, his previous anger long gone. He wore a glad look on his face now instead of the frown present there earlier.

"Nothing can go wrong when you're with me." He said and I gave him an assuring smile. Indeed. Nothing can go wrong when we're with each other. We fit each other like two pieces of a puzzle, completing the picture that is life.

We walked out and I hoped we didn't run into André once again. Turns out, he left before us with his date. I was internally glad as I didn't want Alex's already spoilt mode to worsen. We walked towards Mr. Smith and bid our goodbyes to him.

We walked out of the restaurant and Mason soon pulled over in front of us. Alex opened my door, seated me in and then closed the door. He jogged to the other side and himself sat in.

I was a little nervous because even though we already know a lot about each other's past, Alex obviously never bought this topic up. I was so very eager to know how just hearing the name of this man can make my husband this mad.